amazing
I was reading in bed late last night. Or rather, early this morning. It was about 3am. This tiny fleck of wooly dust landed on the top of the page. It was really tiny, like the size of one letter on your normal paperbacks. Just as I was about to reach out and touch it, it floated away.
I realized it was a bug of some kind.
For a long time after that, I just gazed into space, looking at invisible bugs floating and gawking at how amazing the world is, with its various size and types of living things and blah blah. (But you have to admit that it IS amazing...)
And for the rest of the night, I felt itchy all over, feeling floaty wooly bugs all over me, hidden in my blanket. The last thought before I fell asleep was of millions and billions and zillions of those bugs landing on my face while I slept.
I had a horrible time waiting for the bus today. The weather was sweltering and I could feel the traffic smog and the heat pressing into my face. I was PMSing major time. Everyone I saw pissed me off.
The auntie who talked too loudy.
The woman with lousy dress sense.
The man who zoomed past in a nice car.
The fat guy who sweated too much.
The oversize lady who makes me feel very warm just looking at her.
The bus drivers who drove every other bus but the bus I wanted to take - 157.
I had absolutely no luck with buses today. Just listen and see if you can believe it.
Three 99s.
Two 187s.
Three 334s.
Three 198s.
One 333.
FOUR 98s.
When the fifth 98 came, I swear I was ready to leap out onto the road and try to fly home. But along on the bus came something that made me very happy indeed! A smile finally broke.
Heaven's grace.
Two minutes later, 157 came. Something not unlike a smile played on my lips throughout the whole way home.
Maybe life wasn't that bad after all. =)
So the next time you get pissed with waiting for the bus, try grinning from ear to ear. The drivers can sense it, I'm telling you, and they like happy passengers. Never mind if everyone else at the bus stop stands up and walk way.
No comments:
Post a Comment