Wednesday, March 08, 2006

a little morning scare

a little morning scare

I met Shawn at 7am at Boon Lay this morning. Yes, it is a little late but we could still have made it to school on time. BUT, we deciede that it was too rushy and we happened to be just a teeny weeny bit hungry. So we went for breakfast at MacDonald's at Jurong Point instead. Finally at 8.30am, with our tummies filled and satisfied, we well continued with our journey to school.

We reached school at about 9.20am and as usual, the security guards requested that we wrote our names on a list for latecomers. Being the smarty that I am, I decided to give him fake names and IC numbers. Shawn saw. He asked me to write for him too. So I filled in his name, class, IC number and form teacher for him. Then the security asked us for our ez-links to verify. And we both said we didn't have the card with us.

Security Guard (talking to Shawn): "So boy, can you recite your IC number to me please?"

Shawn: SPEECHLESS! Of course he wouldn't know a random number I made up!

Security Guard: "Now what, you forgot your IC number also?"

My goodness! I was stunned and at a loss for words. Before either of us could say another word, the security guard told us to follow him. He was going to send us to Mr. Lynn the DM! Of course, we both knew that would mean ugly questions, demerits and detentions!

The security guard was walking really fast, and he was kinda like way in front of us. I can't believe myself but I actually asked Shawn, "Shall we run away?"

Thank heavens he said no. Can you imaine what would the consequences be? Tsk. Sometimes I'm just that smart, yes I know.

Anyway, we were really lucky because Mr. Lynn wasn't in his office. So the security had to send us to the OM instead. The OM's a real Mr. Nice who just told us to tell him the truth instead by writing down our genuine names and IC numbers, and he'd let the matters rest without mentioning anything to anyone. Hee. Such a nice guy! =D

Coming to think of it right now, it was quite unbelieveable that I would know Shawn's full name, IC number, class and form teacher and be able to write all of that down without a single question, right?

So yes, that was me and my smart move.

No comments:

Post a Comment