Friday, April 02, 2010

girlfriend tights

girlfriend tights


So I wore this pair of tights with my short (and now tight, cos I got fat) shorts out one day when I was in NYC. As we walking out of the house, I thought out loud to Sheryll that I look super skanky in this combination! Just as she was done with her consolatory line, and as we stepped out onto a porch, we met an ex-hippie who's now old and perhaps slightly cranky, but very cute.

She yelled to me "Yo GIRRRRRRRRLRIEND! Living it up yo! Naice tights ya've got dere yo! Yeaaaaaah GIRRRRRRLFRIEND!"

OHMAGAWD! I mean, I love hippies and all, and the old lady was cute BUT HELLO BEING HER GIRLFRIEND WASN'T THE LOOK I WAS AIMING FOR! Hahaha. Oh wells oh wells, I should have known they were indeed skanky.

In my defense, a teenage American walked past me on the boardwalks of Coney Island and told her friend "Hey I like her tights!" And Internet, you have NO idea how close I was to hugging her and kissing the life out of her. But but, I just smiled and yelled THANKS!

Yups, that was my moment of glory in the heart of the city of fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment