Friday, December 03, 2010

three's a crowd

three's a crowd

So one day, WTL didn't wear me out enough, and I decided that it would be an excellent idea to bring all 3 dogs out for a walk. With ONE leash. Because Kiki (mother) and Bimo (brother) came over for a visit and no one had ambitions so grand as to walk all 3 of them TOGETHER, there was no extra leash. But me, being me, was so excited about seeing all 3 of them that I whined Glenn into bringing all of them down for a walk with me.

It was a nightmare from the beginning. The moment we took out the leash, all 3 of them started whining and barking NONSTOP. Because all 3 of them were excited about going out. And when we finally put on all their collars and ushered them into the lift, the lift had to open on the 6th storey, where an Indian couple was waiting for the lift. The 3 doors, all hyped up and unleashed, dashed out of the lift barking at the top of the lungs. The Indian couple wanted to kick our furry monsters! ): We apologized profusely, and then hung on to them tightly when the lift door opened on the ground floor.

Glenn, knowing the dogs better than I do, chose to cradle Bubblez and hold Bimo on the leash. So I was left with Kiki. Now, Kiki is the size of a little sheep! And she has the energy of a cow! She kicked and struggled and scratched until I yelped for Glenn to decide on a spot to let them down. Once they were all running amok, things were good for awhile. Until we realized that Kiki has the tendency to run and bark at every human being who was not us. Especially little kids.

Kiki is in the bottom right photos - doesn't she look like a sheep??

Looking good for photos huh?

This is how it was like in reality!
Always trying to run out of sight.

So we had to move them away! Away from the the shady playground and into the sunny exercise corner. Once we were there, we let them all roam loose. Glenn stood in the shade holding on to Bimo's leash while I ran around like a headless chicken chasing Bubblez and Kiki to make sure they didn't get lost. Or knocked down by a car. Or kicked to death by someone else they terrorized. Or actually catch a bird and kill it. Or get scratched by a cat. (Yes, Bubblez is scared of cats.)

I tell you, I played 2 full touchrug games that morning, and nothing came close to chasing 2 crazy dogs who love to chase people and birds respectively!! And on top of that, they each shat at least twice and I had to pick the shit up while still yelling BUBBLEZ COME BAAAAAAAACK and KIKI SIT DOOOOWN! Glenn decided that his job for the afternoon was to remind me that it was NOT a good idea to bring all 3 of them down for a walk at ONCE. So he only came to help me when I was on the verge of tearing my hair out. So mean right!

And when we finally headed home after 30mins, we were EXHAUSTED. And the dogs? Happy and satisfied. No more barking symphony for the rest of the day. :D

Favourites, at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment