Tuesday, May 17, 2011

macbeth in the park

macbeth in the park



Macbeth in the park was the first thing I did to celebrate the end of third year in university! It's the best way to kickstart summer. (Even though neither internship nor holiday is confirmed. Haha.)

As you know, I've always loved picnics and all things artsy fartsy, so Shakespeare in the Park was probably one of the best thing that could happen in Singapore for me. I was pretty bumped about missing the previous one, A Midsummer Night's Dream, so I was all hyped up when Shan asked me if I wanted to catch Macbeth!

We were blessed with great weather, especially considering that it'd been raining almost every other afternoon. The evening was breezy and cool, although the climb of 1345 steps to Fort Canning was anything but that. When we finally got to Fort Canning Park, boy, were we glad to be finally nestling on our mat, drinking Moscato from the bottle and munching on sandwiches from Provence. We thought our picnic was thrashing everyone else's, until we saw people drinking champagne from proper glasses. Dammit!

I think Macbeth is showing till the 22nd, so go catch it if you'd like a picnic with Shakespeare too! Just take the route that starts behind the national museum. Where there are escalators that will spare you the torturous climb.

No comments:

Post a Comment