While looking for some ribbons and stickers, I opened up old boxes and found cards, letters and various mementos that I've collected over the years. These are the Valentine's Day gifts I've received from G over the years, each one with its own story.
2009.
|
2009 - our first Valentine's together. A sleek black box, labeled Angel. He told me about the days he spent in Germany, where he walked as a lonely man on the streets when he found this. Jumper and Angel came in a pair, and he bought them both, knowing some day he'll find someone for Angel. He did.
2010 - our second Valentine's together, but away. A long red envelope, addressed to me. I waited and waited, running across the small apartment to the door each time I heard the postman's footsteps. It was a white Valentine's in Montreal, beautiful but lonely. He asked "Do you know how much I love you?" I do.
2011 - our third Valentine's together, again. An old brown box, yellowing with age. It said "G, give this to the woman you love." A story from sometime long ago, before I knew him. Deutschland encore, a special person in his life made a prophecy about us. He gave it to the woman he loves.
Maybe, I could have loved you before I met you.

No comments:
Post a Comment