Friday, October 04, 2013

i love flying


I love flying. I love the moment when the plane lifts off the ground and quite suddenly, we are defying gravity. I love soaring above cities and tracing the outlines of the land against the deep blue oceans. I love how the ships and ferries leave streaks of white in the shimmering blue. I love being amongst the fat white clouds which make up the landscape of this alter world. I love the anticipation of emerging into a different universe while the whole time it feels like we've been in limbo, not moving at all. I love the international chatter going on all around me, people from all over the world converging at this point, which is really in the middle of nowhere. I love recalling the last phone call in the +65, imagining life going around around the small gap I've left, like a stream flowing around a bedrock. I love falling asleep to the lull of the engine and waking up in a new country.

No comments:

Post a Comment