Friday, October 24, 2008

ifg & sunig

ifg & sunig

So a gazillion years ago, I played in the Inter-Faculty Games (IFG) for netball and touch rugby. It was good fun! It's been quite some time since I played netball, and I was very glad to be back on court. :D Touchrug, on the other hand, was pretty damn gross because of the muddy field, no thanks to the rainy season back then. It was more of a mud bath than anything else.

Arts came in 3rd for both netball and touchrug, so hurray! Well, at least all that mud got us somewhere I guess. Hahaha.


With the netball team after one of our games.

Then on the Sunday preceding Term Break (which was... hold on, let me flip my calender, 21 SEPT), I played in the Singapore University Games (SUNIG) for NUS Touchrug. I was really surprised and happy to be in the team this time round! Afterall, I've only been playing the sport for 3months now.

It was long and draggy day, with breaks stretching up to 3hours. We were in school from 8.30am to 6pm just to play for a total of about 55mins.

It was a good experience for me, and I learnt alot from the game situations. Such as, always arrive on time so that you have enough time for warm up. Because I didn't know that I'd be playing, I came late and didn't have a proper warm up. And in the first game, while I was chasing this girl whom I was sure that I was gonna catch, I actually felt my knees buckle and give way! I fell flat on my face, and she went ahead to score a try.

I was so embarassed and upset! ): Thank goodness we had a 2point lead. What can I say? We learn from our mistakes huh. Haha.

We came in 2nd overall, after playing to a 3vs.3 dropoff against NTU. Good job, girls! (:

My first medals with NUS!


No comments:

Post a Comment