Saturday, January 24, 2009

meeting the family

meeting the family

I popped by Glenn's place sometime during the holidays and met the family. By that, I don't mean his parents and sisters. I met his puppy's family - mother, brother and sister. The three of them were over at his place because his uncle's family went to Korea with his Mom and sister, so all the 4 dogs were under his care! He's been complaining SO MUCH about them, I decided to go over and offer my help.

Okay, actually I kind of whined my way into an afternoon with the 4 of them. Hee. And they are SO TOTALLY CUTE!

The moment we opened the door, Kiki (the Mom) came running to us, and the other 3 in the cage started jumping up and down and barking with excitement. I think they must have smelt the doggie chocolate I bought for them! Glenn the lousy owner didn't believe me when I told him I got doggie chocs; he kept saying I was trying to poison them secretly. Hahaha.

Once we opened the cages and let them out, all hell broke loose. They started their ever tireless attempts to scale up our legs and tried to push/punch/kick the other out of the way. When you pick one up, you'll never get peace from the rest. It was like trying to please 4 very jealous (but adorable) kids! I felt so wanted and loved by those little creatures! :D

And the cutest part is when you play fetch with them. Once you throw a toy, all 4 of them will dash towards it like missiles locked on a target. After 3 steps, Kiki will turn back and stroll back to me, because she can't catch up with her kids. Hahaha. A hard wrestle and a few growls later, all the 3 puppies will lumber back to me, heads joined, like Siamese triplets, for all their mouths were on the toy. HAHA. I was immensely amused.

I got seriously tired after awhile though. You have to constantly chase them for things (like socks), watch out for the puppies who might shit/pee at random corners of the house and make sure they stay out of the toilet and kitchen.

So in the end, I simply settled for Kiki, who is docile, cute, rather lazy and best of all - toilet trained. Hahaha. It was so much fun though! Playing with the whole family. :D


The 3 puppies in the cages.
That's Bubbles and Bernie together, and Bimo on his own.

Bimo is a secret camwhore. Hahaha.

Glenn, playing with his favourite Bubbles.

Hahaha trying to get them to sit.

Nothing makes you feel more loved than this!

Snatching the socks from her/him.
(By this time I couldn't tell who's who unless I pick them up. Haha.)

My favourite Kiki!

Hahahaha dog-fight.

All 4 of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment