touch crazy

I've been touchrug crazy ever since the holidays started - trainings were 3 times a week (and we even trained on New Year's Eve), then there was the IVP season, followed by trainings with Sheares, and the finally the IHG (inter-hall games) today.
As a new player, I've definitely gained alot of exposure and experience. Playing for IVP and IHG were completely different. On the IVP team, I was more of the supporting player, usually on the wings, waiting for that long pass to dive in. I was the only non-player on the team, and looked to the seniors for calls on the field. I scored one try the whole season, but the referee didn't give it to me because he saw the touch first. ROARS. I am very sore about it. Haha.
Whereas with Sheares, I had to step up as a more experienced player, and guide the team along, together with the Captain and Vice-Captain. I was thrown into the middle and was expected to make things happen. Honestly, I didn't really know what the hell was the attack going to be half the time. All I could do in the middle was to hold up the defence.
But slowly, after a few friendly games and trainings, I gained more confidence in the centre. I learnt how to make use of my strength, slow the play down, and work out something. I looked out for the rest of 6 on the field, and trusted them to cover my ass.
And today, I scored tries and created tries. I saw gaps and ran hard. We played 5 good games, and I am really, really happy with our play. Okay, actually I wasn't at all that composed on the field. When we scored the first try, I thought I was going to float away. And that, I've learnt, is the true joy of the game.
No comments:
Post a Comment