Thursday, June 25, 2009

away from the city

away from the city

Though I’ve been lamenting about the cold and the lack of excitement up in Cameron Highlands, I actually really enjoyed myself there. After the first day, I got used to the weather and the loss of my fashion sense. Having the cool wind in your face while the sun warms you up is a lovely feeling, not to mention not perspiring at all the whole day!

The air is fresh and sweet, and there’re green mountains all around you. It’s a good break from the hot and sweaty city, really. I even regret bringing my Mac there, sort of. Haha. We went on farm tours of various kinds, did a little trekking, ate fresh local veggies and fruits, and just hung out at the hotel with the rest of the kids (aged from 8 – 14).

There was no fixed itinerary and no rush. It’s probably not the kind of holiday I would go on with friends, but kudos to Mommy and Daddy, it makes a great family getaway. I’m sure both fathers had a great Father’s Day!

I took a whole bunch of photos of nature, because it was beautiful. I also liked the laid-back towns, though after awhile, you begin to see that one part of rural Asia isn’t really that different from the other. Here are the pictures!


First picture of Brinchang Town, early in the morning.

I was cold and sleepy.

Strawberries were a major theme of Cameron Highlands.

Funny yellow zebra trucks.

Barber. Very old-school.

Roadside fruit vendors.
Kids, trekking down the unbeaten path.

Me, happy with the lovely backdrop from the hotel's garden.

Cottage from fairytales.

I still like my Mac.

Night market in Brinchang Town.

Keychains! No prize for guessing which one I bought.

Girls, doing what we're best at. Hahaha.

The sweetest corn ever. You can even eat it raw. It's juicy and nice!

All the ladies in the house!

Poorer areas.

Mommy, high up on some mountain early the next morning.

Fashion disaster. It was too cold, so I wore a dress outside my tank top and shorts.
Runners because the guide said slippers aren't allowed for trekking. ): No legwarmers at least!
Family shot with my godsis in the tea plantation. It's so pretty!

Group photo, everyone!

Mommy pretended to be a gardener. Haha.
I smelt the rose, and exclaimed "This is not a rose! It smells like bandung syrup!" HAHA.

Pretty flowers. I love the macro function.

Mommy and Daddy, too cute!

Harvesting strawberries.

Freezing my ass off on the last morning to catch the sunrise.

But the fog came in, and this was the best view. First sunrise!

Then, on the coach back home! I love the luxury coach. It's like a bed with a TV and console.
Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment