Best self-shot of the day. Haha.
I've always wanted to do this. I'm a big fan of the whole idea of taking long walks with someone you love spending time with, or just by yourself. Slow down your pace, watch the world rush by, enjoy the existence of everything around you. Except there's really nothing much to see in Singapore when you take walks. I get so bored. The only times I really enjoy taking walks were in the Esplanade area at night and during the Christmas period. And the fact that everyone is just insanely crazy doesn't help.
So, I promised myself I would do this often in Montreal. Being on exchange gives you the benefit of not having to study that much. And I really want to get to know the city on foot. Look at buildings, admire the old churches, take some pretty photos, enjoy the streets. It's refreshing, really, to live life at a slower pace and to learn to appreciate time alone.
Old stone houses in the neighbourhood.
I used to dislike the idea of being alone, but I think one of the best things you learn growing up is that there is a huge difference between being alone and being lonely. People are so afraid to be alone in general. At the risk of sounding narcissistic, I think it's wonderful to learn to enjoy your own company. (:
That's the amusement park on the opposite island, closed for winter.
I love them old churches.
Next step, step into one of the churches, and hopefully attend a service.
No comments:
Post a Comment