A month overseas, and I found new respect for my Mom. I always thought she has my highest respect, but hell, when you are your own Mommy, Daddy, boyfriend and maid (i.e. you do EVERYTHING yourself), you get a different perspective of things. For example, attempting to go to school on time is a FUTILE aspiration. I am typing this as I skip one class.
This is coming from a girl whose toilet bowl just choked and overflowed with well, EVERY GODDAMN THING THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE IN THERE. You don't need explicit information on what's in there now, do you? I hope you're not having your lunch in front of your computer. That's unhealthy, and even more so, now that you're reading this.
So yes, I actually used that pump thing, which I thought only exists in the toilet for show, because I've never used it in Singapore, not even once. Hell, I didn't even see my Dad use it before! And anyway, I used that while trying to flush the toilet multiple times simultaneously, hoping that it'll go back to normal. BUT NO. The water kept flowing and flowing but nothing was going in AND THEN IT FLOWED OUT OF THE TOILET BOWL AND ONTO THE FLOOR! I just stood there for 5 seconds and said wtf 10 times in a row, before I realised I had to remove the carpet and weighing machine and everything else before it was too late. I bravely pumped the toilet one last time, and viola! Everything went back to normal. Except the shitty floor. I can't say if that was literal.
AND YES I KNOW THIS MUST BE A SIGN THAT I NEED TO CLEAN THE TOILET ALREADY. The Big Man up there always knows when's a good time to do some housework. But the thing about cleaning ang-moh toilets, is that there is no drainage! The floor is like, I dunno, your living room or something. You can't just pour water and wait for it to flow into this little hole! And we have no mop in the house. So, I actually used the floor cloth to clean the toilet floor, WITH MY HANDS (okay, only the parts where I can't reach with my foot). But oh, SO GROSS! I bet you have never cleaned the toilet floor Cinderella-style. It's a must-try-before-you-die. I hope you believe me so I'm not the only sucker who did that.
Back to respect for Mommy - how do these women do it? Gosh, and I don't even have a kid! I need about 72 hours a day to have enough time to cook, do the dishes, keep the house clean livable, do grocery, make sure I have clean clothes to wear, look presentable when I step out of the house (I've become an expert at cutting my own fringe and trimming my own eyebrows), STUDY, go to the gym, have a social life and have a virtual life online. In any ONE day, I can only accomplish 3 of the above.
Usually I try to push everything to the weekend, but this morning I decided to pack in laundry, alongside with cooking and eating breakfast and lunch, and I ended up with a sweater that shrank two sizes in the wash because I forgot 100% wool CANNOT go into the dryer.
And the other day, I almost burnt down the house while I was BOILING WATER. I put the pot on stove A, and switched on stove B instead, where the table cloth was happily sitting. Then I went on to the toilet. Thank goodness Shuli was at home and caught the cloth catching fire! I know, nice pun right. Hahaha.
But other than all of the above, I'm actually doing great! Look, I'm haven't died of food poisoning of anything! Yet. And that's my goal for the rest of my time in Canada. Oh great, and I'm late for the next class now.
P.S - A word to the boys: the best way to domesticate your pampered girlfriend? EXCHANGE.
No comments:
Post a Comment