Glenn and I have a problem in our relationship - we cannot find time for proper dates. We try and make up for it by meeting for lunch in school, going for tuitions together every Wednesday (we have tuition in the same house at the same time, but different kids) but it's never really the same as a real date.
The last time we went on a proper date was on the 11th of the last month. That's our special day of the month. And I can't even remember what we did. Oh yes, now I do. We went around the island trying to buy me a camera but ended up at Dempsey's B&J where I stained my lovely white skirt with Fishfood icecream, which is BROWN if you must know and gloat about it.
This time, we didn't wanna travel much, and decided on having a cosy little dinner date somewhere nearby. After hearing his several ravings about La Petite Cuisine at Serene Centre, we had a French dinner date. Sounds mega atas, no? To be truthful, I was secretly rather excited about it! La cuisine française? Biensur!

I kept spouting random little French sentences from the whatever remnants of French knowledge that's left in my brain from 3 sems of French and annoyed the hell out of Glenn throughout the evening. I mean, I even wanted to correct the French grammar on the menu just so that I can be a pesky little bimbo of a patron. In return, he tried to be as ah peh as possible, pronouncing the French words in the most awful ways and emphasizing every un-atas bit of the restaurant.
But when the owner of the restaurant came to do her "Bonsoir-bon-appetite" rounds, I'd managed to snatch Glenn's unglam bottle of chrysanthemum tea away and I replied a chirpy "Oui, merci beaucoup!" Score!
Hahaha seriously, I don't know why we do these things to each other either.
And verdict on La Petite Cuisine? So-so French cuisine that's a tad below the average Parisien cafes but set in a rather cosy corner of Bukit Timah. The alfresco corner was cute, but really, the evening was still too warm for comfortable outdoor dining. Final say? Expect no atas French fine dining and you'll have fun at a relatively authentic French dinner! (Hint: you might want to begin by annoying the boyfriend and then spending the whole evening engaging in a meaningless tiff. Hahaha.)
Since we were at Serene Centre, of course we had to skip over to Island Creamery for some dessert! My new favourite flavour is Pear Sake. I've always loved sorbets but this is super yum It simply tastes like frozen pear, which is how all fruit-flavour icecream should taste like. We also spent a good 10 minutes debating if Island Creamery takes down the photos on the walls once in awhile. Anyone knows??

Just because I said I'll put together a photo so it looks like he's gazing at me in awe. HAHA.
No comments:
Post a Comment