Tuesday, October 05, 2010

my fav girls in nus

my fav girls in nus

Ever since I left JC, I've been increasingly lazy to make friends. I think I've evolved into a social hermit in university. I go to class, be nice and civil to everyone, make a couple of precious good friends, and then run off to hide somewhere with these few close friends I've made. And really, there have been precious few classmates who became close friends.

So, if it weren't for my touch team, I'd probably be a social outcast in school. Everytime I think about my time so far in NUS, these girls are always close to heart. Nothing in the world really replaces girly afternoons spent laughing over nothing in particular, or smearing mud off each other's faces after trainings.

We've recently finished our SUNIG season and came in 3rd. I thought I'd be more disappointed with our final standing, and I was surprised to find out that I wasn't. It's been a special season for us as team. We grew closer, and pulled each other through tough times. When we came together, I do feel we gave our best under circumstances. That's not to say we played our best because we know we play better touch than that. That's a pity, I can't deny, but more important than results on paper, I think our team won a bond that no medal can replace.

So this one's for my favourite girls in NUS. I'm so glad I decided to stay on in Year 1 and hung on till now. It wasn't always easy (eating mud and collecting scars and cursing refs), but we made it through. We made it to become a real team of friends. I love these bimbos!

From lazy Starbucks afternoons,

to silly antics at carnivals,

to taitai Sunday brunches,

to ultimate camwhoring sessions,

to playing sparklers after trainings.

Alf, before you complain about your absence from this post, I dedicate one whole photo to you okay.

And of course, Karen, the best coach we could ever have. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment