Tuesday, January 01, 2008

hello 2008!

hello 2008!

I spent the last day of 2007 with old friends, and there was just something so special about it. (: In the whole of this year, I have been spending alot of time with new friends (ie friends from 2006 onwards) and making more new ones, so it was extra meaningful to welcome the New Year with my lovelies!

And surprisingly, on the last night of 2007, I was somewhat PUNCTUAL! Hahaha or maybe Yiting and Zhiqi were just super late, but it doesn't matter, I was the FIRST to reach! Hee. Oh, and I ran into YingWei and Joyce while waiting for them. :D Cool stuff, huh.

YingWei!


We headed over to the Esplanade to watch the fireworks, only to realise half of Singapore's population made the same decision. Haha! We were way too early at 9pm and we simply refused to stand there and wait for 3hours. So... CHOCOLATE THERAPY @ MaxBrenner's! On Yiting's Daddy's card. Hahaha since the tab will probably go into the new year's bill.

Ooh and everything that's chocolate there is So. Good! We ordered a large fondue and a chocolate drink each and had a super high sugar rush. Hahaha! I think we were pretty drunk on chocolate by the time Peiyan, ZhengHao and Ben Lai came.

Chocolate therpay.

The strawberries were really fresh and nice!

They had really cute cups.

Look at mine!

Three of us, pampering ourselves. Hahaha.


At 10pm the crowd got worryingly thick and we got worringly full, so we finally went to try and secure ourselves a spot among the throng of people. We chose to park ourselves at a relatively empty spot near some staircase, and apparently there was like this invisible boundary because the policewoman would come and herd us inwards like sheep everytime we move out of the boundary.

Of course, left with nothing to do for 2hours, we whipped out our cameras to capture the last of 2007. :D OH and during these last camwhoring moments of the year, I LEARNT HOW TO TAKE THOSE COOL PARTY PICTURES! You'll see later on. I am so pleased with myself! Haha. But afterwhile the camwhoring grew abit old and we started playing games like The Name Game, The Country Game, and The Thumb Game to pass time and made a huge deal of noise with our sqeauls and laughter. Despite coming up with the weirdest names and insisting that States are actually countries when it comes to the Country Game and Zhiqi's utter incomprehension of the Thumb Game, we managed to giggle our way into 2008!

The long awaited fireworks! The 8minutes of wonder and glory that we waited 2hours! THE MAGIC MOMENT! Was all blocked by that damned tree in front of us! Graaaah. We were such smart shits. We should have known why that spot was empty amongst the crowd, the Singaporean crowd. Hahaha. Oh wells, we still caught the whole display, just that it wasn't as, you know, shiok.

And in the first hours of 2008, we were sitting by the curb, waiting the crowd to sift out to go and take a NightRider bus to go home! (I think all our resolutions probably include Spend Less Money. Haha!) That was when I had my first embarassing/hilarious moment of the year.

We walked for the longest time and passed by several relatively empty and inviting NRs stuck in the traffic right beside us. The next moment, I was dashing like a bull (because all of them said RUN!) around the barricade, hoping to get onto the road because the uncle signalled he'll take us (even though the bus was parked in the middle of the road, away from bus stops). I was the first one ahead, and just charging on full blast, and when I was about to turn onto the road the policeman suddenly dashed out with his arms open to stop me, like he wanted to catch him! OMG! Good thing I stopped in time or I'd have crashed right into him then they'll probably arrest me or something. It turned out we weren't allowed on the road, and he thought I was running for the traffic light and was totally shocked when I turned off the pavement. HAHA! I think it's a sign - I am never running for any bus in 2008 again!

The bus ride home was never-ending, and when somebody started being a walking radio, we almost started dancing right there even though everyone else was sleeping away. It was good fun! :D

Then there was the pressing need to get less sober on NYE, and because Clarke Quay was insanely crowded, we decided to stop by the nearest 7-11 to my house to get our share of drinks for the night. We spent the rest of the bus journey hoping that we'll reach before 3am. Hahaha. So, in the wee hours of the first morning of a brand new year, I was sitting in my living room with Yiting being total midnight junkies - eating cup noodles and toasting (quietly so as not to wake the folks up) to every experience in 2007 and every new page in 2008. Divine.

Peiyan, with the 2boys.

THERE! Party pictures like that! :D

Our expressions are the total opposite as the previous one. Haha!

The cute/gay couple. Hahaha you decide.

4 of us girls!

The crazy crowd and bobbing lights.

Hahaha this picture is HILARIOUS. Inside joke, sorry!

More party pictuuures!

This is my best fireworks photo of the night. Pathetic huh!

First group picture of the year. (:

Being mad in the middle of the road, trying to catch the buses!

Liu MengQi & Liu ZhiQi. Aren't we so cool?
In lower sec, we were totally convinced that we were really sisters. Haha!

Yiting, my midnight junkie partner. Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment