My new UOB card has earned me a great deal of great deals! Hee, funny pun. I get discounts at places, cheaper movie tickets and many one-for-one deals. It's so attractive!
I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing - am I really saving money, or am I just spending more? Hahaha. And the best thing is, you don't even see the money disappearing! It's just a beep (now you don't even need to put your name down!) and that's it. ALL YOURS.
But anyways, I decided to skip all the complicated parts and go straight to the perks - make use of all the privileges. HAHA.
So I dated Sarah, my jobless best friend, and went for the Cold Rock one-for-one waffle icecream for brunch! Ooh it was so yummy. We get to choose 4 different flavours! We had mango, strawberry, choc chip and honeycomb, and my taste buds were exploding! I LOVE ICE CREAM! It just makes me so happy, instantly
For the rest of our morning (or early afternoon), we just sat lazily on the swings, chatting and reading abit. It's so good - the decadent life of the jobless. You can literally count seconds and watch them go by without a care. Too bad for the rest of the people eyeing the swings! Hee.
Our very comfortable morning. :D
Then I met Fran & Kaiyi in the early afternoon, and we headed down to town for more shopping/eating! First stop was at Paragon to look at Fran's dress, and help her decide if it's The Dress. And it was!
Our shopping would have been alot more satisfactory if Marciano had more decent sales advisers. The one who served us was horrible! She spoke horrible English AND Mandrain. She manhandled the poor dress by scrunching it up into a tiny ball in her hands, for what reason we don't know, because she just left it on the counter right after she did that. She dropped the shoes all over the display shelves. She was so unhelpful with our requests for her to call up the other boutiques and check for sizes. SHE WAS TERRIBLE! She only finally acceded to our request when Kaiyi and I whipped out The Bitch Tone. The customers at Crocs have taught me well on that one. Haha! Take that, lousy salesgirl!
Having walked off some of my brunch, it was straight to NewYork NewYork for some lunner. Daddy invented the word when I came home and told I finished lunch at 6. He told me, "That's not your lunch, That's your lunner! The meal comprising both lunch and dinner." HAHA. True huh, since they have the word brunch, why not lunner! It's quite cool. :D
"Hey! Wanna go for some lunner?" Hahaha!
We used the one-for-one main course voucher that came with the application of The New Yorker card. I went for dinner there with my classmates around my birthday (I know, I need to blog about this as well and it's been 3months HAHA), and we got a card which I get to keep. Hee.
Between the three of us, we had a huge set of ribs, a whole chicken, a mudpie with icecream, a waffle with icecream, and a stick of candyfloss each. We were so full and satisfied! You would NEVER find me anorexic, I'm telling you.
We spent the rest of the our time people watching and friend spotting. NYNY is The Place to be! Much credit to Fran (that girl practically put a name to every other person who walked by, and managed to get 6/10 RIGHT!), we met at least 5groups of different people! Whom we know! Cool huh? We know! It was so fun!
First, we saw Tessa, Sarah and some other MG girls having their primary school gathering. Then Fran kept seeing one friend after another, all of them with the same What Are You Doing In Singapore look. After that it was Carol, followed by Joyce, Sabby & Yingwei. Then it was QiuYan. And finally it was Kalai!
We just sat there and went "OMG LOOK THAT'S _______ !!! HEEEEEY!" so many times! It was hilarious, like meet-the-people day or something. NYNY is a cool place to be!
I love being with these two girls. We always have funny stories. ALWAYS. It's so good to have you back, Fran Chye!
Pity we didn't take a photo with Carol, or it'll be a complete collection!
No comments:
Post a Comment