Tuesday, June 10, 2008

west coast park adventure

west coast park adventure


The red line marks our cycling route

Being jobless leaves me with ALOT of free time, and I don't like to sit at home and wait for time to pass. So one sunny Tuesday afternoon, Sarah and I went on a cycling expedition to West Coast Park! She borrowed JiaJun's bike, and I took my brother's bike. We met at Chinese Garden, the midpoint between our houses, and off we went!

We chose the easiest and foolproof route - the bus route! Haha. We went past the Science Centre, Jurong East Regional Library, Commonwealth Secondary School, The Japanese School, a long stretch of factories, and then we were at West Coast Park! It was quite something to cruise along the empty afternoon pavements.

I'm slightly more confident compared to my last biking experience. :D I think it helps a great deal to have a companion, even though I still have to get off at the traffic lights. Haha.

At West Coast Park, we parked our bikes, sat at MacDonalds' for the longest time, enjoying the aircon and cold drinks. We'd been riding for an hour in the blazing sun! The rest of our time was spent walking along the seaside, prancing around on the big green field, climbing pyramids and walking tight ropes. A very lovely afternoon! (:

Our journey back was neverending, I swear. We both started to whine midway and thought we were never gonna make it back. Especially when Sarah wobbled on her bike, and almost crashed into the bushes. She saved herself by throwing the bike away and hopping off in the other direction. It was so super funny!


Our bikes at Chinese Garden.

West Coast Park, after the revamp.
(Notice the modern yatches in the background.)

Sarah against the big blue seas!

Yipee!

And the traditional boats on the other side.

The two black dots in the sky are kites!

Walking across the grassy fields.

Sarah on top of the pyramid.

Conquered!

Yoohooo!

Spinning round and round.

Tightrope walker.

Flyyyyy!

Trapeze wannabe.

Then we stopped by Pandan Reservoir on our way back.

Quite a pretty place! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment