Tuesday, September 05, 2006

paint it like we do

paint it like we do

I have a thing against mornings. I always cannot wake up. It doesn't matter what time I sleep, or how long I sleep, I have problems waking up on time in the morning. So yesterday I woke up late again, and was half an hour late for Geography lecture. Given that it's a 3hour lecture, I don't think I missed out much.

After that I met Yingwei for lunch at Holland. Finally satisfied my craving for Swensen's chicken baked rice! We were both happy girls. =D But alas, our happiness was short-lived. There was a 3hr30min Math tutorial to survive. I barely made it. Haha.

This morning, I woke up well in time for the Human Geog lecture, miraculously. And i thought, hey, for once I'll be on time or even early for a holiday lesson! BUT. As life would have it, Fat Little Brother fell sick and I had to stay at home with him until Mommy came home. So, I missed Geog altogether. Haha.

So then I cabbed down to school at about 12 and met the neh-lers (a new way of addressing netballers, suggested by Ms Tan Yiwen) to paint out banner! Wow, I tell you the banner was so huge and the design looked so complicated I was convinced that we would never finish it in less than 5days, looking at how long the hockers and ruggers took on Monday. No kidding.


Just look at the size of the rugby and hockey banner compared to ours. If it took them from 11am - 7pm and 8.45pm - 6.30pm respectively, how long would it take us?!

Impressively, we took a mere 5hours. =D And our banner turned out beautiful. The councillors said it's the nicest CCA banner they've seen so far. We are very, very proud of ourselves. And thank you seniors for the great design! I hope we managed to carry it off on the banner really well.

From chalk to colour.
We concluded that only retards (me) can draw perfect circles.
Oh, and so can hamsters (HweeYi) because they run away their wheel toy so much!

The neh-lers hard at work. I think the hardest part was to lay the newspapers down, because the wind kept blowing them away and we had to chase the flying newspapers across the field like idiots. Hahaha. It must have been a hilarious sight if I was watching instead of chasing.

Going bonkers.
The bimbo checking out her newly painted nails. Hahaha.

The pretty blue skies and the fluffy white clouds.
Hwee Yi said I was "obssessed with the sky". Haha.
Hamster's point of view, please ignore. =D

What makes us so proud.

After we were done with our banner, we joined Yuhan and friends who were playing with Keith Wong, Nic Tang and Shawn Lai. We decided to challenge the councillors! Hahaha. I can't remember who won, it was a whole load of fun! Now I understand why half the school's always on the field running around to catch a flat piece of plastic that flies around.

Because I was wearing slippers, I decided to take them off in case I tripped on my own slippers and fall or something. Such incidents have high tendencies of happening to me. Hahaha. Running and jumping barefooted on the track and netball court is very bad for your feet! Now my poor feet look tortured and abused. "I need a pedicure!" screams the bimbo within me. Hahaha.

And we finally left for home when the sun went down. Do you have to let it linger?

No comments:

Post a Comment