Those two words pretty much say everything there is about my J2 life. I'm barely surviving! Which explainns the total lack of updates recently.
I guess I'll just touch on the main points of the past one and half weeks of school. Related pictures will be inserted at some point of time, hopefully. Haha.
First Week of School/Orientation
For the OGLs, no doubt it's probably been one helluva week, screaming, dancing, cheering and running around covered in mud and starch for 4 days. This batch of J1s look like nice juniors and I do hope they enjoyed the orientation programme! Because I enjoyed my own very, very much. (: And I love this year's theme: "Red, blue, gold; Watch it unfold."
Third day of school I fell sick. The powers of school eh. Haha. I just stayed home and sleep and watched OC. Compensate for the sudden switch of my bio-clock. I think my body wasn't used to that yet. And perhaps still isn't.
The J1s girls at The Talk, which I stupidly crashed.
I was like the example of 'everything you should not be', as quoted from Yan. Haha.
May, Sheryll&Yan, Shiyan.
Crashing Shiyan's OG.
Look at the colours!
After physical training on Thursday.
We had to run 2.4km while the whole J1 cohort did their Mass Rally.
It was extremely embrarassing.
Saturday there was the CCA Open House again. I really don't quite understand why the school has to do this like, 3 times a year - at PAE, JAE and Open House Day. It's really boring for us school kids! We played abit of hockey and shot a few netballs until the banner tore because of the balls that landed on it. Haha! And at the end of the day I realised I had alot of pictures of Daryl Tay somehow.
Vannie stopped me along the way just to camwhore! :D

Many pictures of Daryl, somehow.


Hockey is love. (:

Bored teachers challenging. Ms Tan holds the record of 110.

I couldn't wash this away at the end of the day! Haha.
That is after I bathed.
I forgot what happened on Sunday. As in, I seriously cannot remember. I have no inkling at all. Uh oh. Well, I guess it shouldn't be anything too significant then.
Basically the first week of school was pretty much sucky because Mel, Sheryll and I were missing May, Yan and Shu. ): School was really lonely! And the rain just made it worse. Boohoo.
Full Blast School Week
There were hockey trainings on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, PE on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Trainings are tough but I like how the team really try and stick together. (: PEs were kinda non-existent because we managed to sneak our way out of it. Haha! I hope Mr. Mark Ng doesn't find out or he's gonna wanna shoot us all again.
Shiyan, Eleen, Malone, Azmi , Daryl Tay and I went to send Clare off on Wednesday after our trainings. .The dear girl's flown to Manchester in case you school kids haven't noticed. We were so tired that once we got onto the train, we just plooped our asses down on the floor and started doing our work and eating Pocky. Until some MRT undercover came and scold us. Heh.
I was so sad at the airport! Everyone was just waiting and dreading the moment when she had to walk through the gates. Clare was such a brave thing, she didn't even cry while I couldn't hold it in anymore. Boo, I hate goodbyes so much.
The guys.
Us girls.
All of us. <3
Clare babe! I hope you had a safe flight and you are all settled and nice there now!
Then there was MUTS - Movie Under The Stars, on Friday after school. Hung out with the netballers and Fang abit in the Cafe after their cancelled training. Gosh, I've never seen the Cafe so crowded, filled with people trying to grab a bite before the movie. Click was funny and sad as usual, and yes, the crybaby cried again. Haha. Because it was raining, the movie was screened at LT4, to my preference. It was fully packed and spilling over with ACSians, old and new. Lovely.
And the crowd made a big hooha when the netballers came in and sit on the stage, because I think one of them accidentally pressed the switch to close the curtains. Hahaha!
The Second Weekend
I went to meet Amanda to go to Peninsula to redo my grip and get new balls for the team on Saturday. I loved her cheongsam top! Too bad we forgot to take pictures. After that I went to meet Sarah at Queensway to get socks for the team for U18's. Queensway was majorly crowded and to my dismay, it took me so long to find socks! On the bus back, we talked and talked about our happy and busy lives and the world's insanity.
And finally today! Our first Under 18's Hockey Tournament game! Which also happens to be our first ever full-time, full-pitch and full-team game. We played against Northland's 'B' girls, who are the North Zone champions.
If you look at the goals, we lost really badly because the final score was 18 - 0. But I think considering that we only have Fran and Donica who are experienced, us being an entirely new team, this being our first game, Northland being a strong team, we didn't fare that badly. All our girls fought really hard and gave their best on the pitch. Even though we made mistakes, we kept trying. And I guess that's all that matters. Most importantly, we learnt so much from this game.
This game really made me feel alot. And I mean literally. I got whacked by the ball so many times - the ankle, the shins, the hands. And the drama-mama one was when some girl's flying hit landed right smack on my head 2 minutes before the game ended. I remember hearing Jocelyn scream and then suddenly everyone was crowded around me before the tears started coming. I couldn't help it! It was really quite painful at the first instance. And then right after that a bump came up. Good thing there was no gash. And please don't laugh at me if you see me with a purple forhead tomorrow or soemthing!
I wasn't the only one who left the pitch brusied. Poor Jialing got whacked above her shinguards like, 4 times while trying to defend the goal; dear Jocelyn was whacked on the hand as well, and it was swelling pretty badly; and so many other miscellaneous bruises.
It's okay, we may be a little bruised perhaps, but we're all good. We've all got battlescars to remember our first match by. :D Haha! And I seem to have one for every significant event of my life, e.g. when the dog bit me above the lips when I was 4 years old. (No kidding, there's still a scar.)
So yups, that's what I've been busy with all these days while you guys kept coming to a stagnant blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment