Friday, January 19, 2007

honoured

honoured

Physical training on Wednesday was insane. Absolutely insane. Here's our training plan:
  • 3 rounds for warm-up. Which was pretty fun because it was kinda like mass PE with so many CCAs on the track! There were the trackers, swimmers, netballers, ruggers, basketballers, volleyballers and frisbee players. I think we overtook all of them! Haha.

  • Agility.
  • 3sets of 4x200m sprints. Which adds up to 12sprints - 2400m in total.

  • Short sprints and footwork. Which consisted of 15 sprints of about 20m.

  • 50sit ups, 50squats, 60push ups, 60Superman, 120lunges.

And the best part - the whole team completed everything together. I am so proud of us all. No one gave up today, everyone put in their best and pushed each other along and man, we felt so good after that. Like Dawn said, you will amaze yourself if you just let go and not hold back anything for each and every run. You will have the energy to sustain through out.

Our watermelon parade after that was simply mouth-watering. We had to hold the red piece of fruit for so long and resist the temptation to bite into while we waited for everyone to do our AC Hocks cheer and Yam Seng. The first bite into our melons saw all 20 odd girls floating up to heaven. It was so damn good!

Swim PE the next morning was a bluff. Everyone told me that it'd be good for muscle aches because the water is supposed to relax your muscles but NO IT'S NOT TRUE, I'm telling you guys! After I got out of the water I could hardly walk straight! And stairs have never been a worse nightmare.

It's not like I swam a lot actually. After a few laps, I was really tired and I told Sir my toes were cramping up. Haha. And then when we really had to swim laps, Shu, Carol and I just swam to the middle and turned around while others went all the way to the other side and came back! Hahaha. It made us look like really good swimmers. Heh. I am so going to switch to Beginners and join the rest of the people in the shallow pool and blow bubbles instead. I think that was what they were talking about when they talked about 'relaxing your muscles in the water'.

Pitch after that was cancelled and we had a gym session instead. Chare came by and planned our workout programme and took as many unglam shots of us working out as she could! But it was definitely nice to have her around. (: Poor Fang went all the way to CCAB only to realise we were all in school.

Like, Wednesday, all of us did good, despite all the aching muscles and difficulties in sitting down and standing up. This team just keeps getting better.

And finally, I think I'm ready to proudly annouce this at last: I was appointed the new vice captain of the team, along with KaiYi on Monday. :D

Honestly, I wanted to blog about this as early as Monday itself, but I've been putting it off the whole week because I didn't exactly know how to face it. While I was really happy and thrilled about it, I came to realise that it wasn't going to be as smooth a journey as I'd thought it'd be. and thought that if I just didn't face it, then it won't catch up with me and I'd be safe where I was.

Because I only joined hockey less than 2 months ago, it wasn't uncommon to hear people say that it's unfair that I'm suddenly vice-captain now. In the whole of this week, people heard, judged and talked. Honestly, I was really sad and disappointed, especially when I realise I didn't even have the support of those who I had whole-heartedly trusted.

I wanted to turn down the position of being the vice captain because the pressure was so sudden and evident. And the disappointments and judgements hurt; I've never felt so doubted. But thank God for the bunch of really supportive and encouraging people around me, who picked me up and talked me through and pushed me on. You know who you are, and thank you so much, dears. In a few days, I've learnt a lot and grew up a little more.

To my team, I know I'm almost totally new to this sport and this team, and I thank you girls so much for taking me in, first as a team mate, and now your vice captain. I am really honoured and proud and will always be. I may not be your favourite person or the top-choice candidate on your list, but I'm gonna promise you that I will give my very best to this team. No less. And I will NEVER give up. I hope you guys will try with me, and we'll work hard together as a team to make everything work.
Well, I've never thought you'd hurt me like that.
AC Hocks, Rocks my Socks, AC AC AC Hocks!
Still Your hear me when I'm calling, Lord You catch me when I'm falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment