Monday, April 28, 2008

good food & great friends

good food & great friends

Ever since starting work at Crocs, I've had one too many meals alone. And I absolutely do not like eating alone. It's so... lonely! I like to chat over meals, share food with people and just enjoy the meal slowly. So, on my off days, I've been dating quite a few people just to eat! Haha.

1. On Saturday, I dated Peiyan for lunch at Wisma, and finally got to eat the yummy beef noodles from the corner stall again! The Food Republic at Vivo sells rubbish food in comparison. I just looooove the one at Wisma. And you've got to try the Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee from there. It's too delicious, I swear.

2. Then it was down to Queensway for some shopping, while Kaiyi made her way down to meet me. :D Before the food part, let me just get the shopping part over and done with. Anchorpoint has several factory outlet stores of brands such as Club Marc, Charles&Keith and such, and the things there are SO cheap! It's the BEST place for budget shopping! Tired from all the walking, Kaiyi and I sat down at Macs for a good old packet of oily fries and the once 25cents now 60cents icecream cone. I was a very happy girl already!

3. Right after that it was down to some restaurant place for a big dinner with 3 other families we are close to. Carpooling was pretty cool because all the men were in one vehicle and the women in another. We independent ladies don't need the boys to drive us around! Haha I can't wait to be the one driving the next time we go out! :D And back to the food - there was such a wide spread on the table, I had a busy time trying to clear plate after plate of food before they cleared them and came up with new ones. We even had 3 different types of soup and 2 different kinds of dessert!

4. Leaving a day to digest all the food from Saturday, I went to The Mothership (aka MOE) to meet Sammie and Yiwen for lunch today. Sammie and I demanded a "cold, nice and cheap" place to eat, and Yiwen brought us to some place in the Biopolis and well, it was indeed "cold, nice and cheap"! Mushroom soup + pizza + catching up = Pure bliss.

So there, my 4 very different food dates with the greatest friends! Indeed, as we learn in Great Expectations, meals are ceromonies of love and a celebration of life. Yiwen, aren't you so proud of me? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment