Friday, April 25, 2008

mad day!

mad day!

6.40am: Rolled out of bed.

6.45am: Dragged myself into the showers.

7.00am: Blew dry my bangs. Put on some warm clothes.

7.15am: Shoved some breakfast down my throat.

7.25am: Got my butt out of the house.

7.58am: Arrived at BBDC and found my instructor for the day.

8.30am: Cruising along Clementi Avenue.

9.00am: Somehow got to Hillview Avenue.

Somewhere in between, I dashed across an amber light!

9.40am: Read my new book loaned to me by Yiting, For One More Day, on the train.

10.20am: Changed out of my warm morning clothes into the Crocs polo tee.

10.40am: BIG SMILE to the first customer.

10.50am: Watched Ben (my colleague) count out twenty 50dollar notes ten times because the first customer of the day paid with a 1000dollar note.

1.30pm: Comfort food, Long John's Silver for lunch with Jason (my other colleague)!

Somewhere in between, I headed to the washroom, lapsed into a daze and until a sudden, loud SHART (shit + fart) interrupted me. I couldn't help it and just HA!-ed out loud. The farter auntie started yelling not so pretty words in Hokkien and ended her verbal diarrhea with "JIA SAI EH!" (Translated: Eat shit) while I tried my best to stifle my giggles in the cubicle.

5.45pm: Sarah popped by, along with Phuay and Shiyan.

6.30pm: Read more of my book and uncharacteristically had some bread for dinner.

9.45pm: SMALL SMILE to the last customer.

10.00pm: Swung the mop around the store, cleaning it up somewhat.

10.15pm: Stood with arms akimbo, trying to figure out the mistake* Ben left on the display racks.

10.28pm: Stood with hands in my hair, trying to tear a few strands out in frustration.

10.35pm: Finally spotted the mistake, picked up the wrongly placed shoe, and flung it at Ben.

10.40pm: Yelled to be let out of the store. Because I got locked in, duh! On purpose.

11.00pm: Plonked my deadbeat self on the train.

11.30pm: Let myself through the door and collapsed on the sofa.

12.45am: Mustered enough energy for a quick shower.

1.00am: Knocked out!

*We have to replenish the stock on display (that comes down to ALOT of shoes for Crocs) in the correct manner everyday after closing. The sizes have to be arranged in order, tags hung on the correct side, hooks facing front, the right hooks used for the right shoes, the laces neatly tied and stuffed into the shoe, etc.

Days like that, they do justify my stagnant blog pretty well, huh? It's crazy! I have more than 5 posts in drafts, and I simply cannot find the time to do up my entries. Free days are just too short and most of the time I am just so tired. But don't worry, friends, I'm still alive and kicking, and will be seeing most of you soon hopefully! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment