Tuesday, September 16, 2008

the expensive morning person

the expensive morning person

I refuse to admit that I am not a morning person. I simply cannot let myself be a non-morning person because my days start at 8am and 10am alternately! Which means I have to get up at 6.30am and 8.30am. I have to be a morning person!

So, I try my best, and end up being the expensive morning person. I'm perpetually running late, especially for the 8am classes, which means that I always end up on a cab somehow. The ridiculous 35% peak-hour charge and impossible morning traffic never fail to kickstart my day. Really.

And today, I gave in to the sleep monsters and woke up at 8.05am. Yes, you've guessed it - for the 8am class. There was no way I could make it to school without being at least an hour late, so I decided to go for the 10am lecture, and get an MC afterwards so that I can go for a make-up class sometime later in the week.

The thing was, I had to see TWO doctors to get my MC because the one at school just won't buy my act. Dammit! And with 40bucks, my friends, I've bought myself one and a half hours of sleep, a piece of paper and a whole load of medicine that I don't even need. 

Wanna know the best part? The only make-up tutorial slot that fits into my schedule of the week is the 8am class on Wednesday. Says who I'm not a morning person again?

No comments:

Post a Comment