Saturday, September 06, 2008

art movies & such

art movies & such


A lovely scene from the movie.

I caught a movie with Glenn the other day. Instead of the usual action-packed films, mindless comedies or the predictable tear-jerkers, we picked Boy A. It is a slightly more artistic type of movie that was screened exclusively at Golden Village, and its synopsis caught my attention. 

The story is inspired by the tragic James Bulger case, and explores the themes of social justice, fairness and forgiveness. The filming was excellent, with quiet motifs screaming out at you, and each scene could be a photograph on its own. I loved the colours and focus. It's a movie that'll leave you thinking and reflecting for a long time. 

We watched it a couple of weeks back, and it still comes up in our conversation sometimes. It's a lovely movie, and I definitely recommend it! Unless you're the kind who gets bored easily thought.

Because we caught the 9.30pm show after a long day, I've to admit that I was tempted to catch some shuteye in between! Haha. But of course the idiot won't let me, so I still caught the whole movie. (: Great show!

No comments:

Post a Comment