I had a Sunday full of reds! After 3 pathetic hours of sleep, I got up at the ungodly hour of 6.30am for the SMRT Challenge. Sarah, Peiyan, Hweeyi and I formed a team, and it was the first time for Sarah and I!
It's a little like Amazing Race, except that the only mode of transport is by train, courtesy of SMRT, obviously. Haha. There are stations to clear, messages to decode and clues to look for. The SMRT people were trying to promote courtesy so we weren't allowed to run in the stations! Hahaha you should have seen everyone (myself included) trying to briskwalk. It's hilarious.
The race was impossibly tiring! The hike up escalators, the dash across roads and out of train stations, the ridiculous games they make us play. I was huffing and puffing halfway, and completely exhausted by the time we were done. Haha.
And guess what? We came in 8th! Out of the 250teams in Open Category. :D But we decided to skip one station because of the waiting time, and that added 20minutes to our timing and so we were 12th or something in the end and missed the Top Ten! Oh wells, it was some experience anyways!
Sunshine in our faces!
We were alot more tired than we look, trust me.
As usual, while people were busy copying clues, I took a picture.
But it turned out that it was wrong piece of information. HAHA.
While waiting for our next race, the Nike Human Race, we just crashed at the Toa Payoh library and slept like babies. I was all ready to skip the 10km run and head home, seriously. I could hardly open my eyes and walk straight anymore.
But it's my first time taking part in a running event and I wasn't just gonna back off! Plus, I'm really attracted by the whole idea of running with the rest of the world for a charity of my choice. It's so meaningful! And running with friends could be fun. (:
And I'm really proud to say that I FINISHED THE WHOLE RUN! As in, I ran the whole way, no walking at all! (Okay, except at the 5km mark when we stopped for 100plus and when it got too congested to run.) I ran with Peiyan, then with Sarah mostly. If it weren't for, I think I might have turned back at the 2km mark. HAHA.
I was constantly amazed at how my legs were still moving the way time. Really. Even Sarah was amazed. We were both expecting me to ease into a walk halfway. Because that's so me. I don't like running, and the furthest I've ran in my life was like 8km, and that was back in Sec3! I didn't even take very long! 1hr13mins31seconds!
I really like this picture!Look at the crazy red crowd behind us.
This looks like one of those running advertisements.
3hrs of sleep was not joke.
(We were waiting for the race to start, btw.)
Then I saw Nicole at the 5km mark!
Proud finisher!
And then that's us at the Padang afterwards.
And naturally our favourite jump shots!
My legs were gonna give way during the attempts to get this right.
YAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment