Thursday, August 14, 2008

first week of school

first week of school

First week of school and I'm already overwhelmed! There are notes to prepare, textbooks to source for, tutorials to arrange, CCAs to go for, forms to submit and a whole of things to do. Uni life is completely independent, and I'm so not used to it yet.

I had 5 lectures this week, and I was late for almost of them. Haha. The school is too bloody big and I keep getting lost. Once, I even ended up in the wrong faculty somehow. And I still can't figure out how long does it take me to get to school exactly!

Paying attention in class hasn't been so much of a problem, because I've been going for half my classes on my own. I HAVE NO FRIENDS. ): So far, I've made 2 friends. Hahaha pathetic huh! Okay, I will stop being a social hermit and start poking my head out of my shell more. BE MY FRIEND, EVERYBODY YO!

Thank goodness all my modules are pretty interesting though. I'm taking Sociology, Literature, Nature of Language, French and Cultural Studies this semester. And so far, I like what I'm learning! (: Except that I sound like I'm speaking a combination of Tamil, Arabic and Hokkien when I attempt to get my tongue around French.

Classes aside, I've been having alot of fun in school too. I met Sarah for a swim and lunch between classes one day, and then Glenn for a short tea, and Nut for a long lunch another, and Peiyan for a buffet lunch after school today. :D

I've also gone for 2 touch rugby trainings! I like the sport alot, but it's SO tiring. I can hardly climb a flight of stairs without wincing now. Even the muscles that I didn't know existed are aching! Haha. I'm also looking at floorball and netball, so I'll decide after all the trials and stuff. It's probably gonna be touch though!

So, with all that, I had a pretty cool first week! Mission for next week: Make more friends. Haha. And for now... IT'S THE WEEKEND! (Yes, I don't have classes on Fridays!)

No comments:

Post a Comment