Sunday, September 07, 2008

to be a girl (or two)

to be a girl (or two)



The Body Shop sent us a nice little brochure in the mail the other day, boasting a 15% storewide discount for members only. The exclusive sale would only last one weekend!

Of course we (my mom and I) stormed around the house, raiding our vanity boxes to check if we needed to stock up on our supplies of facial wash, toner, handcream, shower gel and other random girly stuffs. And of course we found the urgent need to head down on the last of the great sale!

So off we went, and by the time we circled the store three times and were finally at the counted, we found ourselves with a purchase of over $250! Gasp! I swear we didn't grab that much stuff off the shelf! How can those innocent-looking plastic bottles cost so much! It's just.. cream and such!

But but but, after the discount, we found out that by spending 185bucks, we saved 80 odd bucks! And they even threw in an "exclusive" goodie bag worth about 50bucks for us! And I earn 6 stamps on my member's card, which translates to another 25bucks worth of stuffs to redeem! Ooh la la!

Do I make good mathematical sense (cents)? Haha! Fine fine, I don't. And I know it. So does my Mom. We are perfectly intelligent beings, in complete awareness of the ulterior motive of any advertisement. Who really cares about us? As long as they are making money!

YET, when we read that nice little green card, we were willing to believe with all our hearts that they decided to pamper us and came up with a lovely, generous sale, and therefore we should indulge in it and pamper ourselves too!

So we patted each other on the back, and congratulated ourselves for saving 150bucks. (Hey, it's almost as much as our purchase!) Hahaha. Oh, to be us girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment