After a long morning of Summer Touch League at Turf City, Glenn and I hopped onto Cupid's bandwagon of Valentine's madness and dove into the crowd of bouquet-carrying girls and less happy guys. Hahaha. Yes yes, it's been said a thousand times that Valentine's is over-rated and highly commercialized. I know it perfectly well but I still love this day to bits. It's my favourite day of the year besides Christmas and my birthday!
So anyway, we went to Jack's Place for dinner and skipped past all the couples with no reservations happily. Haha! Oh dear, I'm being so bitchy here but blame the lousy guys who don't plan ahead! Hee. Jack's Place was quite funny; because it was Valentine's, they tried to do everything in heart shapes, INCLUDING MY STEAK! Hahaha. Which of course turned out rather hideous but yummy. :D
A walk by the river afterwards was really nice. There were hearts all over the place and love was very much in the air. Singapore was so romantic for once. Everywhere is on this day. (: I always loved Valentine's Day back in AC - everyone would be lugging huge bags of presents to school early in the morning, balloons and roses would paint the void deck in pinks and reds, and for the only time in the entire year, teachers would even forgive us for skipping classes.
As much as Valentine's has been commercialized, I still think it's a day tailored for love. I also think this is why the economy loves girls like us! Haha. I hope you'all had a day full of love too!
But A for effort.
But I love this photo! (:
Quite a nice one too!
So yes, Happy Valentine's!
No comments:
Post a Comment