About a week ago, the newspapers reported that January 2009 was the driest month Singapore has seen in 10 years. It is expected that the lack of rainfall will continue well into February.
But.
4th February, 1650hrs. Dark clouds gathered. The sky was overcast. One drop. Two drops. THEN THE RAIN START POURING IN TORRENTS OVER NUS!
And me, poor me, happily assuming that the weather forecast is right because we have excellent technology and the world is indeed going crazy, kicked the habit of bringing an umbrella around. Okay fine, I admit, I never had that habit but that's beside the point.
So, here I am, forced to sit in the library to study all by myself. ):
But that's not the worst part. The worst part is, I just happened to pick a long, white skirt to wear today. Long as in so-long-it-sweeps-the-floor long. It's so ruined, even if the rain stops.
Friends, do NOT believe in weather forecasts! Even those in newspaper reports. Eeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment