Week 1: Hall Food Sucks
The first thing I missed about home was the food. Objectively, hall food isn't all that bad. But compared to my mom's cooking, I think even Crystal Jade can't compare if I were to have it every night. I am a very fussy eater, and my taste buds have been spoilt rotten by my mom.
So the first week of hall life saw me having dinner 3 times with Glenn outside, and once with the touchrug girls after training. I was jumping with glee to head home for dinner on Friday!
Week 2: Homesick
I missed home terribly. Being alone in a room was strange. I missed having the TV noise and my parents' conversation in the background. Because I don't eat well at dinner, I'm hungry by 10pm, and I don't have the habit of eating supper. I couldn't sleep very well on the too-soft mattress. It was too cold at night and the whirring of the fan kept me up.
Week 3: Getting to Know You
I got to know more people on my level and from other levels. I decided to step out of my shell and went for Andee's 21st birthday party with the hall people. It was a lot of fun! Especially when the boys got drunk and started doing silly things on the dance floor. It was cool to know more girls from my block too.
These were friendships I enjoyed throughout the rest of the semester. (:
Week 5: Lessons on Laundry
I think this was the week when the new top-lid washing machine came in. It's the only washing machine that I know how to operate properly because it's digital and it tells you how long the washing is going to take! (Compared to the old front-lid ones that seem to take HOURS.) I was so glad that it's not in use most of the time.
This was also the week that I learn that the small bottle of Dynamo does not give you 62 washes (as stated on the bottle). I think I used half of it in like 5 washes because I had no idea how much detergent I was supposed to use for each wash. Praying that advertisements provide true information for once, I smeared massive amounts of detergent on dirty training clothes. And realised that it does not work.
Eventually I learnt that too much detergent spoil your clothes and the dryer creases dry-fit shirts permanently, so I only wash t-shirts, shorts, bedsheets and towels in hall. I lug the rest home every weekend. Haha.
Term Break: Pretty Convenient
I didn't think that I would spend a single night in hall during the term break, because home was so much more comfortable. Then on a Thursday, when training was canceled and I was still studying in school at 7pm with Glenn, I decided to stay the night so that we can continue studying the next day.
Walking back from the Central Library, going out to Fong Seng to get grocery and then finally going to bed with our heads buzzing with information was a good time together after him being away for 3 days at OBS with the dragonboaters.
Because I go home pretty often for tuitions, I didn't find hall all that convenient until then. Even though we slept in till 10am the next morning, we could still be at the library again by 11am! It made studying a little more fun.
~
And that's it for the first half of the semester. Until the next one!
No comments:
Post a Comment