Sunday, April 19, 2009

ouch

ouch


This is my newest and most painful of battle scars yet. I was running after a girl and had to make a dive for her on the try line, because prior to that, she stepped out of the field and I stupidly stopped for a second to look for the referee, who was nowhere to be found! So just as she was putting the ball down in the try zone, I leapt for her.

And landed with the ball on my stomach.

At that moment, I seriously thought I was going to faint from the impact. I lay in the try zone, groaning and rolling around for the longest time, while trying to tell Al to tell the ref that the girl ran out of the field. But later on Al told me I was utterly incoherent, except for the word "gastric" when she asked me what was wrong. Hahaha.

I think that was the closest I've come to fainting from pain. Actually, I wanted to faint because then I won't feel that awful lurching in my stomach. It still feels funny now, though I managed to get up after concussing for awhile and went in to play the second half. NO MORE DISHONEST TRIES FROM THEM!

It was only later on that I discovered the scrapes on my shoulder and knee. I think I sort of skidded on the mud ground, and the skin got torn off. The areas around the wounds are burnt, so it's horribly painful! Mommy has been the best nurse, dressing and washing the wounds for me.

Lesson to learn? Dive earlier, or run faster. And shout to the ref, no matter how hard you're running.

No comments:

Post a Comment