Sunday, June 11, 2006

weird food-guys

conversations with food-guys

Conversation Number One
We ordered Macs in the middle of the night at the camp. The delievery guy came exactly one minute late. Lucky thing. I was so cranky I was already punching in the delivery number to complain. Lols. Anyway, he gave us everything and was all ready to go when Yiting called out "Wait. Where are our drinks?" And the guy went "Oh no, I'm so sorry I forgot about it. Here you go." While he unzipped a few of the hundred zips on the bag, he tried to make conversation.

Guy: "So you guys are here for a school camp?"

But too bad for the poor guy, Yiting was even crankier than I was due to the lack of sleep.

Her reply: "Oh no no, we just happened to run away from home at the same and decided to put up in school cos we have nowhere else to go."

Haha. The poor guy was lost for words!

Conversation Number Two
Sarah and I went to Marina Square for a little shopping and major mugging today. While shopping I devoloped a craving for Starbucks! So we went and ordered Iced Caramel Macchiato. It came without whipped cream. And when I asked the guy for whipped cream, this is what he said.

"Not too fattening for you girls?"

HELLO! If we asked for it then we can afford it!

Conversation Number Three
After that we went to Subway to study. Because we felt stupid just buying drinks and cookies, we decided to share a six-inch sandwich meal since we were both not hungry. But the guy serving us was so surprised. And he went like

"You guys are SHARING?" And gave us the weird look.

We told him yes, we're sharing. Then it came to choosing the sauce.

Sarah to me: "You choose. Anything but Mayo though."

Me to Sarah: "So BBQ la?"

Guy: "So Maya and BBQ?"

Sarah and I: "Nono, no Mayo please."

Guy gave us the weird look.

Sarah to him: "Oh, cos she likes Mayo and I don't"

Guy gave us the weird look AGAIN.

Then it came to the choosing of the cookies.

Me: "Er, do you have White Chip Macademia?"

Guy: "Yes, we do, but they are still in the oven. For now we have Peanut Butter, Oatmeal Raisin and Chocolate Chip?"

Me: "How long will it take for the White Chip cookies to be ready?"

Guy: "About 20 minutes?"

Sarah: "So can we come back in 20minutes time and collect the cookies instead? Cos we really don't like anything else."

Guy: "Err.. Can I say no?"

Sarah: "What do you think?"

Haha. Yea we may seem like difficult costumers but hey I bet we were his entertainment for the day!

Okay, this is a pointless entry.


At the camp.
I refused to open my eyes. Haha.


The camp was pretty much okay, and I had a blast with Yiting and HuiHui. Just that the camp food sucked as usual. The brinjal proves it all. And people were really anal about things and that pissed me off so much! Like having to sleep in a dusty and smelly and stuffy CLASSROOM! Rahh. Anyway, I was rather annoying at the camp too. Haha. I simply refused to bathe in school since they didn't allow us to use the staff toilet which means we had no hot water! So Yiting and I went to Huihui's place to bathe at the club house. It was such a good shower! =D

Highlights of the camp:

1. I hosted a 3hour-long Fun Night. That was the only useful thing I did at the whole camp.

2. Miss CSS! It was so entertaining. Haha. I shall post the pictures tomorrow.

3. We watched porn in the AVA theatrette at night. Hahaha! Okay, we just watched the uncensored version of American Pie while waiting for our Macs order. I pray no MOE personnel will ever read this.
And I should learn to stop looking for your face amongst the crowd and reading so much into those few words.

No comments:

Post a Comment