Saturday, October 07, 2006

happy mid-autumn festival

happy mid-autumn festival

The much anticipated ending of Promos! Woohoo! BURN THE BOOKS ALL YOU MUGGERS! Let loose the crazy party/shopping/tanning/sporting animal in you! Weeeeeeeee!

Let me share my immediate post-promos day with you.

Right after the paper, Sarah and I went to Queensway in search of shoes. Met a series of strange salesmen who recommended us weird shoes, but we finally got her ideal pair! Those sky blue Adidas Barricades. So nice, I tell you!


If I was into hard-sole court shoes I would have bought these too!

Then we went home to change before hitting town! Gosh I was such a pig I got Sarah so pissed. Haha I fell asleep on the sofa and just couldn't wake up even though she called and called. Hahaha. So in the end we met at 5pm and reached town near 6pm.

When we stepped out on to Orchard Road, I was calling Mommy back because I had a missed call from her.

Mommy: "Hello, where are you now?"

Me: "Oh, I'm in town lor."

Mommy: "Huh? Why're you still in town? Come home for dinner now!"

Me: "What? But I just reached town! Like, I literally just stepped onto Orchard Road. And Sarah's with me."

Mommy: "So? It's mid-autumn today. Town can wait for any other day. I told you that you have to come home and have dinner together with the family, right? You only said you're going out in the afternoon. Even your Dad's at home already. Ask Sarah to come along for dinner too. I'll see you soon, okay okay? Bye!"

My mom DA BOMB eh? Hahaha the whole thing just felt so unreal. We went to meet Ben Soh and his friend for two rounds of Daytona before heading home for a sumptous mid-autumn dinner. I was so full I could hardly move. And Sarah got so bored waiting for me to finish my dinner she started couting how many chews I took before I swallowed the food.

And our first celebration of post-promos consisted shoe shopping, a 10minutes trip to town, a big dinner, and falling asleep watching this bimbo chick-flick movie, Just My Luck.

How was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment