HELP
It's 5am in the morning. My last paper is in 3hours' time but I don't want to study anymore, cos I figured I'll fail anyway because there's just way too much and I'll never finish. Unless you tell me that by flipping through half of my notes, I'll score an A for the paper. But I can't fall asleep either because I drank one whole cup of coffee at 1am.
I don't care about how people are distributed throughout the world. I don't care if once upon a blue cow there was something called The Great Leapforward in China that caused a disastrous famine that left a million people dead. I don't care if governments were stupid and made the wrong policies then had to change them.
I don't care if limestones form caves or whether these caves collapse or not due to too many lines of weaknesses. I don't care how plates collide and cause volcanoes to erupt or the earth to tear apart. I don't care if the tree intercepts the rain and the rivers get less water and therefore something will happen.
I DON'T CARE. In short, I don't care if I fail this paper perfectly. I just want it to be over.
HELP.
I got so hungry, that I decided to try and eat my depression and insomia away. Then I developed a craving for omelettes. Three seconds later I realised I had no idea how to make an omelette. Maybe a scrambled egg then? But then, the same realisation hit me again. The last time I made a scrambled was like in Primary4, when I attempted it with the help of Daddy. I remember destroying 4eggs in the process.
Hardboiled eggs then. Nothing can ever go wrong with them.
Or so I thought.
Mistake #1: I couldn't find the small pots at home. So I used a bigass pot and wasted a whole lot of water.
Mistake #2: I didn't really know how to operate the stove.
Mistake #3: Do you boil the water first or put the egg in the cold water and let them boil together? And, how do you tell if the egg is cooked since the shell is still on?
Gosh, it has never in a million years struck me that cooking a freaking hardboiled egg was this difficult. So in the end I chose to boil the water first then put in the eggs. But I was scared that the hot water would splash up when I threw the eggs in. So I looked for a seive/scoop. I found a relatively small one and used it. The whole thing dropped in. So I looked for another one to scoop out the first one, and then put in the eggs in.
Good.
Just to play safe, I let the eggs boil for a good 15minutes while I attempted to read the Limestone notes without stashing them into the stove. Then I scooped out the two eggs and put them in a bowl of water to cool them. 10minutes later, I cracked the first egg, expecting it to spill into a mess of sticky liquid onto my hand.
But it didn't! So I happily gloated over my first-attempt-successful hardboiled egg. All was fine until I reached the yolk. It was still half-liquid.
So I threw the other egg (I knew cooking one wasn't safe) back into the huge pot and switched on the stove for another 10minutes. Ahh finally, I thought. No liquid spilled out when I reached the yolk. But it was still soft and mashy!
ARGH. I threw away the second yolk of the morning. I should really get an emergency kitchen handbook, or I'll starve to death one of these nights.
I'm gonna go try and catch some sleep now. Good day, you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment