Last day in Bali and we made the most of our day - by 8.30am, we were done with breakfast and checking out of the hotel into the Departure Lounge. It's a really cool arrangement. We get to deposit our luggage with the conceirge, and there are lockers and shower facilities available at the lounge for us foc, so that we can still can have a full last day. I was very impressed!
We headed straight for the beach and the waves were perfect! We had a high time jumping wavces and tried surfing with the full length board this time as well! It's even more exciting than bodyboarding, and alot more challenging! It is one thing to lie flat on the board and let the waves bring you back, and a totally different thing to try and stand up on the board before you reach the shore!
I drank way too much seawater and fell on my bum so many times. Haha. But I also manage to stand up a couple of times towards the end! It's an invincible feeling, standing on that board in the middle of the sea, riding back on the wave with the wind and sun in your face. I was so happy and proud of myself!
The instructors were really nice and extended our time, knowing it was our last day in Bali. But in the end, it was the both of us who requested to stop after awhile because our knees were burning from the fibreglass cuts and our eyes stinging from the saltwater. Haha. Those seasonsed surfers have all of my respect!
Tiding over that wave.
Hahaha Nicole was amused by how literal I get!
Back at the hotel we plunged into the pool immediately to cool ourselves off from the long walk back. (And because we just had to swim in that pool! Haha.) It was so hot! Maybe it had something to do with our nearly sunburnt skins, but the sun was seriously scorching. I swear we were almost sizzling as we jumped into the water again.
Then it was off to the Forrest Gump inspired restuarant down the street for lunch! The British couple recommended it the other day, and we decided that it's a must-try, especially for Nicole the food person, before we head home. Even Hard Rock Cafe was forgone for this special little place!
As it turned out, Bubba Gump (no, we don't know why it's named Bubba Gump either) is a quaint place that takes you away from the real world a little. From the decor to the food to the staff, everything reminds you of something from the movies. With the movie soundtrack playing softly in the background and the movie showing on TVs around the room, you'd think Forrest Gump might walk out of the kitchen any minute with his famous box of chocolates!
I think the most interesting experience was getting the waiters and waitresses' attention. There are two metal cards on the table, one says Stop Forrest Stop, and the other says Run Forrest Run. When you flip it to Stop Forrest Stop, the crew would shout it out loud, and someone will run to you and serve you! When you're done, flip it to Run Forrest Run, and they shout it out loud and 'run' away. Super cute right! And apparently if you order an alcoholic drink, the crew will come and dance around you!
Nicole and I were talking about franchising it Singapore - it'll be a great hit with the locals! It'll be a novelty, and Singaporeans are so BIG on new things. The only problem is, WE NEED A SPONSOR! Haha. Until then, or until a million bucks fall from the sky, we can only sit and wait for someone else to steal our idea. Haha.
Bubba Gump hut, against the azure Bali sky.
I LOVE this quote! It's so true! Quick, someone look at my shoes!
Run Forrest Run!
Oh, we made a false alarm while trying to take a picture of Stop Forrest Stop! Haha.
The meal was only about 30bucks altogether!
Nicole at the entrance Bubba's famous shrimps.
They even have a photo-taking bench, complete with the shoes and luggage!
And there, that famous box of chocoloates.
That was more or less our last stop in Bali. The rest of our time was spent walking around, buying more things and finishing our rupiahs. There wasn't anything more we wanted to see, and there wasn't anything else we haven't had the time to do. I think 5days is a good duration! Just enough to enjoy everything, yet not long enough to make us miss home, though I did miss the local tap water quite abit. Haha.
Oh, and for the first time in my life, our flight back was delayed! I was annoyed and tickled at the same time. Thank goodness it was only a 30minutes delay. The airport was bigger than we thought, and we shopped around, trying on Gucci bags and browsing through LV wallets to pass time.
By the time we boarded the plane, I was so tired that I fell asleep almost immediately after they served. And I slept all the way until we landed in Singapore. I didn't even feel the plane touching down! When I opened my eyes, the aircraft has stopped moving already. Hahaha. 5day's lack of sleep!
Even though seeing a stranger wave a card with your name at the arrival hall was exciting, seeing Mommy and the Smelly Brother was really sweet. Mommy laughed at how dark I've become and my brother had so many questions for me! And I was more than glad to relate all the above stories! :D
And with that, my friends, I've FINALLY come to the end of my Bali post. Until the next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment