peiyan's nineteen
We celebrated Peiyan's birthday on a very sunny Sunday (a month ago) at Sentosa! There were great friends and food; sun, sea and sand - it was perfect!
We played volleyball, Monkey, frisbee and splashed around in the sea when it got too hot. I slapped on sunblock five times! Our attempts to play bridge failed when we found mutiple cards in Peiyan's deck. Hahaha.
Later on, we also let a bunch of teenagers (the 15, 16yrold REAL teenagers, unlike us who are teetering on the big Two-O border!) join our game of Ultimate Frisbee. They didn't really understand the game at first and we totally owned their ass. But they picked it up after awhile and were almost on par with us! And towards the end, when we wanted to end the game and the first team to 3 touchdowns (?) would be the winner.
And... guess what? WE LOST! Actually we won two already, then they wanted to restart because the rules weren't too clear. Those sneaky things! Hahaha.
It was a hilarious game. I kept finding myself on the sand, and even ate sand! ): It's really hard to run, jump, land AND balance on the sand I tell you! At one point of time, this boy rammed into me and for some bimbotic reason, I decided to flick my finger (not THAT finger) at him and yell, "YOU BROKE MY NAIL!" Hahaha I think I just wanted to see his reaction. And the shock look on his face was totally worth it. HAHA. Gosh, I'm such a mean old teenager. :D
I decided to lead everyone to the "newer and cleaner" washrooms at Palawan beach in the evening, and omg, I think it was the worst decision of the day. It turned out that the toilets were ALOT further than I remembered them to be, so we had to trudge some 1km after a long day!
Lesson to learn: NEVER trust Mengqi's directions. And to myself, DON'T ever lead the way again! Haha.
Sarah and Peiyan.

The volleyball people.

With Yiting & Sarah.

Sarah & the boyfriend.

With the birthday girl!

The secret camwhores, ZhengHao, Ben & Licheng.

Songhui and I. That vainpoke is fussier than photos than I am!

Then he decided to spoil our picture with the coconut tree. Haha.

I like this, super candid!
Sarah was saying "Omg is my hair is poke?!"

Then the nicely posed one.

Songhui's artistic shot of me, or so he claims! Haha.

With Hweeyi the tallie. I look almost as tall as her!

Group photoo!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PEIYAN!Dinner was at White Dog's Cafe on Songhui's recommendation. We were extremely thankful that they had a table for 10 without delay. All of us were SO tired! The food is really good and very reasonably priced too. My mango chicken was delicious! There's definitely gonna be a second time for me at White Dog's.
Halfway through dessert at Ben&Jerry's, someone mentioned Mahjong, then suddenly ZhongChi, SongHui and I were trooping along to Peiyan's place at 11pm to kill those MJ bugs. Hahaha.
We only managed to complete ONE round by 3.45am, and all of us were falling asleep. I was reduced to shuffling the tiles with one hand, while resting my head on the other. But I still managed to emerge the big winner! Probably because I don't know how to count my "folds" and kept winning those really small and lousy wins. Heh but my 6bucks winnings managed to cover my cabride home with the boys! :D I'd take another chance, take a fall, take a shot for you.

The birthday girl with Hweeyi.

And then with Yiting.
She went around the table taking pictures with everyone. Hahaha.

Look at the unglam glutton boy.

Pausing to take a picture.

And one with Peiyan!

Peiyan and the funny hungry couple.

Peiyan with ZhongChi.

And my two favourite babes! (:
Shoutout: Peiyan! I hope you had a very happy day with all of us. It was alot of fun! :D This is our 5th year of friendship, and we're still going very strong. That's half a decade! I love you for all your wisdom, your big heart and your always being there. I wish you love, faith and hope in your coming year. Our friendship's seen us through everything, so what's this new crossroad in life to us, right? Here's to many, many years of frienship, till we're in power suits and stilettoes, till we're towing our kids and hubbies out together, till we're old and comparing dentures! PMS always!
No comments:
Post a Comment