cycling along
After habouring the idea of taking my brother's new bike out for a ride, I finally went out to cycle today! Being all adventurous and feeling all geared up, I pulled back my bangs, put on a cap, packed a small backpack and went zooming off to the nearby Jurong Lake area!
I was totally looking forward for a relaxing ride through the winding paths in the evening sun. Yes, the windings paths and the evening sun was there, and the scenery was much prettier than I expected. The wind made ripples on the water and the sun made everything golden.
BUT it wasn't one bit relaxing! My brother's full-sized mountain bike turned out to be way too high for me, which means my legs kinda dangle in mid-air when I'm on the seat, even when the seat is at the lowest. At traffic lights, I actually have to GET OFF THE BIKE and push it across. How embarassing!
Narrow paths stressed me out. Crowded areas stressed me out. Bikers coming in the opposite directions stressed me out. Dogs on leashes stressed me out. Big vehicles passing me on the road stressed me out. EVERYTHING DAMN THING STRESSED ME OUT! Because I knew that if I had to jam-brake, I'll definitely fall flat on my face. Hahaha. That'd be both pathetic and funny.
But gosh, how do people cycle with such ease! Aunties, kids, workers. They all cycle as if they are walking! The natural look of superiority on their faces - Neh, I can choose not to get off the bike at traffic junctions lalalala. Damn!
Eventually, I found a long straight path by the pretty lake and zoomed away while singing to my iPod. That was the moment I was looking for all evening I tell you! What a good feeling. Except that half a song later, the path kinda came to an end, and I had to turn back to the densely populated area, dotted with kids, grandparents, maids and couples out for an evening walk.
The next time, I'm totally wearing my platforms to cycle! Haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment