Tuesday, July 08, 2008

and a waitress now!

and a waitress now!

I got a new job! Again! Hahaha. This time, I'm trying out being a waitress, something I've been wanting to try for a long time. When Sarah's brother asked if we wanted to join him at the restaurant he's working at, we jobless 2 happily agreed!

The first day was pretty okay, except that it's pretty difficult to remember what's on the menu, and to figure out what drinks the customers ordered. Like, if they order a gin, I'm supposed to ask them "On rocks? Dry? Or extra dry?" or something like that! And all the customers utter the impossible French names of wines impossibly fast.

There was a Jap guy who tried to order "Sparkling water" from me twice, and I seriously thought he said "Sprite plus water" or something! I was wondering what on earth was that! Until he finally pointed at the menu. Hahaha.

Other than that, the serving and clearing tables part wasn't that bad actually. Mainly because the place serves more drinks than food, and most of the time it's only glasses and bottles.

Oh oh, I even got to open a champagne bottle! Pouring it out into glasses is some art man. You need to tilt the glass so that the liquid doesn't foam. You can't pour too slowly cos the customers get impatient. You need to get the customer to check the wine before opening it. You need to hold the bottle by the base or else the heat from your palm will warm up the wine.

Woah! I never knew!

It's all been novel and interesting so far, and I really appreciate all these different working experiences. Let's just hope this job lasts me more than 20days! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment