Wednesday, September 21, 2005

catching up

catching up

Life has been pretty bland and rigid with the exams going on. So, 24 hours a day revolves around studying, sleeping, eating and going to school. And of course, TV time. =D

Anyway, I've been constantly waking up in a state of confusion. It's like the moment you open your eyes, everything that you've studied the night before comes flooding into your mind. And you can't quite figure out that you've just woken from a few hours' sleep and you're lying on your own bed, because the first things on mind are like "How do I differentiate lncos2x - 1?" or "What salts are soluble?". You get the feeling that you're in the world of Mathematics, Science or Geography, instead of in your bedroom. It isn't until I've mopped around the house on auto-pilot mode and had a shower before I really wake up.

On the topic of sleeping, I'm reminded that I keep having dreams recently. Very frequent dreams. And they are weird.

Hmm, just the other night I had such a... an unusual dream, okay, I should say nightmare, that actually jolted me awake. In that dream I was curling on the sofa in the living room, watching TV as usual. (Yes, TV rocks my socks so much that I even dream of it. =D) Then I noticed two house lizards on the wall above the TV set. They crawled to the ceiling, towards me. Another three lizards came and join the pair. So that makes five lizards on the ceiling, moving in my direction. I moved to the other sofa. No, I wasn't freaked out by mere lizards.

THEN

the lizards began to expand, like grow in size and just bloat up. Until they were the length of your forearm. AND their skin turned a brilliantly disgusting orange with black spots splattered all over their slimy bodies. Due to gravity, their flabby reptile skin were DANGLING. Those weren't mere lizards anymore.

I was getting somewhat afraid. Okay, I was scared to my toes.

SPLAT! One of them dropped, with a squish, onto the floor. And died.Well, at least it wasn't moving anymore. I was really scared. But being the coward that I am, I didn't dare to move.

I think the lizards have sensors for fear or something; the four skin-drooping creatures scurried towards me! In my virtual fear, I remembered they were really fast. So their skin goes on vibration mode. Flaps of orange skin with black spots trembling. I sat and stared. In my idiotic pose of shock and amazement, you know, with your eyes wide open and your mouth hanging open a little. Okay, forget it was me in that pose.

The next thing I noticed was something cold and slimy and scaly and MOVING in my lap. ONE OF THEM DROPPED ONTO ME! And the rest followed. Five huge lizards falling into my lap, crawling and licking and swipping their long disgusting orange-and-black tails. I felt their rough skin and wet tongues and sharp and digging claws. (Do lizards have claws actually?)

I woke up, utterly freaked out and disgusted. Brr!

Serve me right for watching so much TV during the exam period.

No comments:

Post a Comment