wild wild wet whines
The whole family made a trip downtown to the other side of the island. I had to drag myself out of bed at EIGHT in the morning. Thanks to my little brother's relentless pleas to go to Wild Wild Wet. Kids never get sick of playing, I guess. He just spent a whole day there on Wenesday. Anyway, it was Daddy's company's Family Day, and there were free tickets.
So off we went to Wild Wild Wet. Only to wait. And wait. And wait a little longer. And wait...
We sure got wet, in the rain that came pattering down. The shelters were bursting from the number of people squeezing in there. It so damn crowded. And I started to wonder if I had misplaced a boulder or two in my bag. Suddenly I wished I was at Hawaii taking part in Survivor. It can't be much worse. Oh, I didn't even have to change into my swim wear. The rain spared me the trouble by closing all the rides. Good thing I didn't too - there were THOUSANDS of banglas just standing there staring and staring at the people running around. For goodness' sake! It didn't feel like Singapore at all! I felt like I was lost in... Bangla-land? There was simply too many of them. Oh, I actually talked to one of them. It was a short and sweet conversation.
"Scuse me. I want know where the charging route?"
"Huh? Charging road? Erm, there is no road here. You have to go outside." I answered politely, gesturing towards the exit.
"No, no. Charging route, know? Place err people charge?" he struggled.
Daddy came over. And he pointed to the toilet.
Banglas and ladies named Mengqi do not go together at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment