I've been encoutering quite a number of freaky incidents recently.
The other night, I stayed up to study while everyone else slept. When I went out to the kitchen to brush my teeth, I saw a frame of light across the hall, at the end of the dining room. The light in the storeroom was on. That was unusual in my house, but being Mengqi, I didn't dare to check it out.
I ran back to my room and grabbed the scotch-tape holder (its weight made a good weapon) and hurried into the toilet and rushed through my teeth-brushing (I seldom do that; I find it gross to have uncleaned teeth). When I was done and switched off the light in the kitchen, I turned and there was no longer light spilling out through the storeroom door. I sprinted to my room.
Okay, now I've got to decide what to do. Sleep. Sleep and forget all about it. But I couldn't get it out of my mind when I lay down. I decided to take a peep at the storeroom again.
The light was on again! My, I was seriously freaked out. I played some piano music and soothed myself to sleep. The next day my brother admitted leaving the light on, and my mom laughed at me.
But... why did the light go off? Maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me. Or maybe...
Two days ago, I woke up at five-thirty in the morning to study. Fifteen minutes into studying, I heard a buzzing sound coming from behind me. I turned and saw a bee-like bug kinda bouncing on the floor near the door. It was big. Being a victim of bug-o-phobia, I crawled back into bed and pulled the covers over me.
The bug freaking landed on my covers right in front of my face! If I hadn't had the cover over me... *Shudders*
Anyway, I shook the blanket and the bug dropped off. I think (well, I couldn't see). After awhile, I was getting pretty warm, as I've switched off the air-con and opened the windows. But I was still afraid that the bug would be on my bed.
I groped around, making sure that I was well-covered by my blanket all the time, and found my handphone. I called Mummy. But she couldn't find the bug when she came over into my room. I moved to the dining hall to study.
Then today, as I sat watching TV with my Mummy in the living area, a real gigantic bug battered about in the dining hall. Wanting to show Mummy I wasn't as dainty as she thought, I kept quiet. Then the damned bug just had to fly across right in front of me.
I did just about the bravest thing I could have done in the situation.
I gave a little yelp and treaded across the sofa and went to stand on one of the dining chairs.
I made Mummy check my room thoroughly, to make sure I wouldn't encounter the disgusting thing when I went into the room later. She told me the bug properly flew out, since she didn't see it anywhere. I went into my room, waiting for the light to come on first, looked around real thoroughly, braced for an ugly sight. When I saw nothing, I went to close the windows and close the door on my way out.
Then I saw it. Perched on the corner of the wall above the hifi-set. I jabbed my Mum and tilted my chin towards the thing.
It was a freaking humongous COCKROACH! About the length of my index fingers and feelers the length of my hair (okay, that's exaggerated but the size is for real). And the roach freaking flew! Can you even begin to imagine? Crawling roaches are already disgusting beyond words! This one flies.
Doing what I'm best at, I ran back into my room. My last sights being Mummy poking at the thing with a bamboo stick.
I kowtow Mummy. While waiting for her to slay the damn creature that can survive without its head and gets starved to death, I looked furtively around my room, fearing some unknown counterpart of the gross thing lying in waiting. And I thought "God, if there's some bug in my room and I ran out into the flying roach, I think I'll just jump out of the window."But my beloved mama had bravely conquered the thing and redcued it to a pulp of juice and flesh in a wad of tissue in the wastebasket.
I'm getting creeps in my scalp even as I write about it now.
But Mummy had to make me empty the wastebasket at the rubbish chute outside. Not wanting to risk pissing her off, I took the plastic bag, and went to the rubbish chute.
I couldn't dig out the courage to open it, as my imagination painted pictures of countless roaches flying out at me. I left the bag of rubbish beside the rubbish chute. I do hope some kinda neighbour would throw the rubbish for me before Mummy discovers it tomorrow morning.
Anyway, these few incidents are seriously freaking me out. I'm constantly looking around, especially behind me, to make sure no buzzing or flying or unknown creatures are hovering, lying in wait to scare the nuts outta me. I'm slipping into paranoia.
I think I should ask Mummy to call some bug company to sterilize the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment