Happy Father's Day to the great man at home! Father's Day was a home affair this year. Mommy whipped up a huge meal with all our favourites -stir-fried crabs with a tiny bit of blackpepper cos otherwise my brother and I won't eat, braised chicken with chestnuts, some really nice fish that I don't know how to describe and I really don't know how to describe the rest of the food. Haha. But yeah, you get the point. Really good food.
I'm extremely blessed to have a Mom who can cook so well! And the best part is, she loves cooking! She can be busy at work in the kitchen for the entire afternoon and walk out smiling, with colourful and aromatic dishes. And she's always trying something new! I really love it when I crave for something, and she whips it up the very next without me saying anything at all! :D I love my Mommy.
And yes, I remember it's Father's Day. Haha.
Oh let me get past the drinking part first. On special ocassions, my parents always drink. Because they love to drink, and because they're good at it. This evening, it was XO Brandy. After a sip or two, Mommy said "No wonder it's Brandy, it's so bland." Haha!
Then I tried. Gosh, it totally burnt my throat! But before dinner was over, the two of them had cleaned up the entire Eiffle tower-shaped bottle. Which thankfully was only 150ml. Then, Mommy said "Oh no, I think I'm dizzy." Hahaha it was so hilarious because right after she said that both my parents started guffawing with laughter before feigning anger at us for ignoring them in front of the TV. Then my brother started shrieking in laughter at their drunken stupor. It wasn't long before we all collapsed on the sofa in an avalanche of laughter. Hahaha it was so breathelessly funny!
And the picture's from awhile ago because they were obviously too drunk for the camera! Haha!
Oh! While we were watching the Disney movie "Jump In" after dinner, there was this part where the girl told the guy "Go away." in a teasing manner. And my 11yearold brother suddenly asked, "Is that good or bad ah, Jie?" I was like "Huh? What's good or bad?" THEN HE IMITATED THE GIRL'S "Go away." Hahaha! He wants to find out whether that's good or bad! Which means he's concerned when girls say that to him. I can't imagine! A rare adorable moment.
So yes, I've had a very good evening with the family, drunkard parents, Disney movie quotes and all.
And to Daddy, I hope you've had the funniest, the most heartwarming and happiest evening too. (: You're everything that I could have asked for - a great man of the family, the funny friend at home, and the bestest Daddy ever. Thank you for spoiling me rotten and yet making sure I don't turn out a brat, for making me princess of the house forever and ever, for loving us all the time, for letting me punch your arm whenever I feel like it, for being Superman and for the so many things I could never say. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment