Monday, June 04, 2007

starbucks afternoon

starbucks afternoon
[/Edit: Pictures up!]

Geog lecture was a draaaaaag this morning. But lunch after at Crystal Jade with Liying and Yiting pretty good, except that it was kinda a fluke because I wanted to eat porridge but we ended up going to the La Mian Xiao Long Bao one, so no porridge in the end. Hahaha.

After Liying left for drama, we popped by Cold Storage to buy batteries for my G.C and a cacti for Yiting's friend! Talk about random shopping. Oh I realised batteries are not cheap okay! 12 small things for 14bucks! Eh, actually it's okay la. Haha!

Starbucks has great ambience on the second level. A smallish room with a few tables, couches and coffeetables scatterd around, with one side of the wall replaced by glass with maroon curtains, leading out to a small balcony with ceiling fans and outdoor sitting. We managed to snag the couches and I loved the afternoon there! Quiet, cosy and pretty relaxing. :D I managed to do about 3 hours of Normal Distribution without going mad. So yups, not a bad place! Friends if you haven't been there, I suggest you spend an afternoon there mugging!

BUT. All was spoilt when my friend got bored and started talking to her thorny plant! Hahaha. ANd when she started talking to me, I didn't even realise and told her "Eh, can you stop talking to the plant!". Hee.

Okay lah, it wasn't Yiting. But this boy from Fairfield and his 3 lady friends who came in the middle of the afternoon and planted themselves in the middle of the room. The boy opened his mouth and gosh, his voice. SO FREAKING LOUD OKAY! He was making announcements to the entire cafe the whole time he was there. I think his friends reminded him that he was speaking rather loudly, but after 5minutes he completely forgot! Feeling pissed off by Math, his non-stop super loud chattering was just SUPER annoying. So the next question he asked, I answered it. Yiting started laughing (muffled, because we are considerate) madly but he didn't even realise. Total oblivion to his surroundings. The highlight was when he was speaking halfway and he suddenly said, "Eh, it's quite noisy here!" Hahaha! Omg Yiting and I just burst into laughter. He was the only one talking!


The best epitome of our afternoon.

I was studying really hard!

So was Yiting!

She was so excited when she discovered this.

SAME AS MINE! Hahaha.

She ordered me to take a picture of her plant.

She kept laughing at my Cyclops hairband!

A normal one.

I told her to go hide behind the curtains. Haha!

Angry Cyclops!

Happy Cyclops! :D

The genius, doing her genius thing on serviettes. Haha!

Mirror shot!

Well, they had three mirrors. Haha!

She was trying to fertilise the tree with coffebeanss' residue!

So yups, I've had a good and somewhat productive afternoon! More to come, hopefully. With Sarah tomorrow and Fran on Wednesday. Yay all my study buddies are finally are free. :D And Tan Yiting I'd better see you again this holidays! And Cynthia Teo! And Julia Tan! Misses, misses!

No comments:

Post a Comment