Thursday, December 11, 2008

out with the boys

out with the boys

I just got home from the movies with Glenn and the boys - the 11year old kid we both tutor and my 12 year old brother. The initial plan was to take the 11year old kid and his very cute 8 year old brother to watch Bolt because the poor boy is always complaining about how boring the holidays are and that's pretty sad for a P5 kid. But in the end the 8yo couldn't come and my Mom told me to take my brother instead! Hahaha.

5minutes into the movie and we were looking at each other - bad idea! The 11yo was exclaiming rather loudly at everything, from the funny commercials to Glenn's glow in the dark watch. My brother was squeezing his way out to go the the washroom right after he sat down. The boys kept trading food and passed the popcorn and chips across us so many times. I secretly wanted to burst out laughing at the ridiculous situation.

Thank goodness the movie held their attention most of the time. It was a rather amusing show, even for us. Hahaha the hamster, Rhino, is so cute! And Glenn was constantly reminded of his new puppy, Bubbles, whom I really want to meet! Oh, and the whole time I was just thinking Postmodern Postmodern SO TOTALLY POSTMODERN! Cultural Studies' friends would know what I'm talking about. Haha.

I also felt very much like a girl hanging out with them, especially when they launched their PSP talk. Glenn took out his PSP, then my brother took out his PSP and started to compare games with him, and then the 11yo just joined in naturally. Me? I had no idea what they were talking about!

Other than the whole thing being ridiculously parental, it was a fun date, and definitely a very different one! Just that I don't foresee a repeat session in the near future. Haha! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment