Monday, December 22, 2008

christmas lunch

christmas lunch

It's been exactly a month since Christmas! A couple of days before Christmas, I had some of the girls over for an early Christmas lunch and mahjong session. The closet chef in me shopped up a storm at the supermarket and took over the kitchen. I thought up ( or copied) a few dishes that seemed delicious and fuss-free, and managed to put a 5 course meal on the table!

Okay, actually it wasn't completely fuss-free. The kitchen was in a mess, and I had the help of an additional 8 pairs of hands. I think if it weren't for them, we would probably have started lunch at 4pm instead of 2pm. Hahaha.

But still, I was really happy to throw a mini lunch party! It makes me feel like taitaish, and very much a domestic goddess, even if the aftermath in the kitchen begs to differ. Haha! And I've finally satisfied those mahjong bugs!


Peiyan & Yiting with some of the food - salad, pasta and soup.

Roasted potatoes!
These were so yummy. :D

And this was dessert - home-made cookies in yoghurt, topped with fruits.
Not bad too!

Haha my batch of Christmasy cookies. :D

All ready to tuck in.
And Hweeyi the tallie got this great angle with her height.

Sarah, the mahjong queen (wannabe). Hahaha.

Mjaaaaaay!

Girlfriends! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment