Writing on white Christmas tree leaves,we'll remember this night.
After a failed speedy Christmas shopping trip, Glenn and I took a long walk down to One Fullerton for coffee even though there was Starbucks every step along the way. Gosh, the rate of Starbucks' expansion is rather scary! But I'm definitely not complaining. Haha.
The night was breezy and nice, the Christmas crowd happy, the lights bright and sparkly. We stood hand in hand at the Esplanade's podium and listened to the lady sing. We wrote on white Christmas tree leaves and hung our names up with the joy of the season. We sat down, looked out at the waters while the Fullterton Hotel glittered behind us. We were amazed at how long it's been and how much longer there is to go. We were lost in the moment as we talked about the future. It was wonderful.
Until I started to lean back while sipping my Christmasy Toffee Nut Frapp, and then before I realised it, the straw dragged the cup off the edge of the table and half drink was dumped onto my skirt. I just started giggling nonstop while Glenn immediately got up to get more serviettes for me. Always trust me to do things like that. Hahaha. And I was actually more annoyed with not being able to have the whole cup than my skirt getting dirty!
We always have great dates, and I think writing on the Christmas tree leaf made this one really special and nice. Merry Christmas already! (:
No comments:
Post a Comment