Thursday, August 17, 2006

feeling sporty

feeling sporty

4 hours of waiting and mentally preparing and meditating for training yesterday has left me all psyched up to train! But 4 hours of waiting only amounted to a message informing us training was cancelled. All thanks to the 3hour Chinese mock test!

So I went to run a good 2.4km ( I think it was about there?) after I went home with Shiyan! My brother paced me. On his bicycle. Hahaha. Now you understand why is he the size he is. And why is he so confident about failing his 1.6km for PFT. Lols. Anyway, it felt really good, to enjoy the evening breeze and watch the stars lit up one by one while running to the rocking music on my iPod. =D

Today was a good day too! The 40min break before Econs lecture always seem to last forever. Haha. A fortnight ago, Shiyan, Xia, Jayce, Cheresa, Jotham, JingYuan and I had a mini fruit-fight thing. Shiyan threw a whole slice of jelly on Jotham's face and it landed with a PIIAKK. Lols! This afternoon we sat at the ruggers' table watching "live TV" for half an hour. Hahaha. The guys were playing soccer with a tennis ball, heading and dribbling and all, with half-a-meter-wide goalposts. It was rather entertaining to see 4guys running and chasing after a tiny green ball. And the whole of people who were watching just reminded me of watching TV. Hahaha.

Econs lecture was the usual thing. I got picked on AGAIN. I have no idea why. I swear I was sitting there, happily listening to her, and I thought I was looking rather intellectual. But she had to go, "Ladies, do you understand me? Why the blank look on your face? Don't gap at me! I'm asking you, do you understand me?" So much for looking rather intellectual. Eeks.

After school I went to the gym with Sarah. Ran for 4mins on the threadmill! But I did work out abit on the weight machines okay. Haha. Studied awhile at the bleachers with Jayce and watched the ruggers and hockers train.

THEN I WENT TO JOIN THE HOCKERS FOR TRAINING!

Woo! It felt damn good. =D I happily skipped the sprints they did and joined them when they were doing their conditioning. It was real cool doing a whole new set of exercises that we don't do for netball trainings, and man, did the Superman exercise kill my back. Haha. Normally we only get to work out our abs, arms and legs during netball, seldom the back. But hey, I survived!

After we played PEPSI-COLA, ONE TWO THREE! It is the game to play! And guess what, I realised I was so deprived of a proper childhood I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY. Tsk, I was too busy "attending all the lessons I knew I was gonna miss in college man", quote unquote Francine. Hahhaha. But good thing it was an easy game to learn but it was loads of fun! Yay and I knocked Shiyan out! Haha. Clare was the kung-fu master at the game man. She kept using her leg-sweep thing, it was so amusing. Lol! And finally it boiled down to a battle of the leggy ladies - Eleen and Fang Ling! I got confused who won in the end. And then training ended with one round around the track, with everyone singing the Fruit Song. And a whole round of jokes during stretching. =D It was all really good.

If I didn't love netball so much I'd definitely have joined hockey! It's great how everyone does everything together and laugh so much during training, but still train seriously and enjoy it. Netball trainings are getting happier and cheerier now too! Yay!

THANK YOU, HOCKERS, FOR BEING SUCH NICE PEOPLE AND FOR THE MUCH ENJOYED TRAINING! If Wednesday's training doesn't kill me on Wednesday, I might just go again! Fun fun fun!

Now I'm looking forward to touch rugby for PE tomorrow! Horray!
Do you remember when we first met?

No comments:

Post a Comment