Thursday, August 24, 2006

real life nightmare

real life nightmare

[Edit: SPECIAL THANKS TO ASHLEY NG YIXUAN FOR BRAVING FIRE AND WATER TO GET THE BUG EXTERMINATOR NUMBER FOR ME! =D And Ashley, if you read carefully, I DID mention it okay. Haha. Love you!]

I left school after lessons ended today, in hope of reaching home early and catching a good afternoon. It was all good until I got off the bus and started walking home, singing to my new addiction - Goodbye to You by Michelle Branch.

I passed by a neighbouring block and saw 2 half-dead cockroaches paddling their disguting legs helplessly in the air. It was kinda funny, cos they couldn't move and I could laugh at their sorry plight. But still, I ran for about 20metres, so that'd be no chance of the two horrid things getting anywhere near me.

And then.

I saw them.

Swarms of them.

They were everywhere!

THE WHOLE DAMN PLACE WAS INFESTED WITH ROACHES! Gosh, they were all over the place! Spilling out from the big rubbish chute, crawling around on the floor, going up the wall, EVERYWHERE! The space between where I was standing and the lift was so full of them. I wanted to cry. Really.

So I tried to take a detour and find another way to the lift. But they were everywhere! And I realised the next block was invaded too! Seriously, I wished I had decided to stay in school to do some work. I ran and ran until I found a clean spot and make phone calls, to suppress the bubbling bile rising up in my throat.

THEN I SAW THE BIRDS EATING THE ROACHES ALIVE!

I wanted to die, man. Call me a wuss, but I have this horrible fear of roaches. I can't even stand fake ones. Please, please don't EVER play a roach prank on me. I will cry.

AND JULIA IS MY HERO.

She is such a sweet thing, she came all the way to my place from Jurong East Library just so that she can walk the 10metres with me to the lift! How very, very sweet! It took us 3 tries to get me moving. She almost resorted to piggy-backing me, which I violently objected to. What if we fell? We would fall into the clusters of roaches! In the end she found another route around the block, with relatively less roaches. But I still didn't dare to move.

So she walked the path before me and killed all the roaches in the way by stepping on them!

Oh my gosh, I salute this woman. JULIA IS MY HERO! Then she held my hand and sprinted with me to the lift and left for the library again. I am so, so, so, SO touched! I love you, babe!

But guess what. While I was talking on the phone in front of the big mirror in the dining room, I SPOTTED A HUGE ROACH PERCHING ON THE TOP CORNER OF THE MIRROR FRAME! I just dropped everything and ran to my room.

Then, I realised I had to go out and get my handphone. So I armed myself with two bottles of deodorant because the insecticide was in the kitchen, and risked my life by running out of the room. I grabbed my phone and then scurried back into my room, where I fell asleep on the floor.

I was never happier when Mommy came home.

Thank you all - Sarah, Jayce, Ashley, Shiyan, FangLing, YingWei - for talking to me, laughing at me, trying to calm me down and checking out pest control numbers for me! AND THANK YOU SO MUCH JULIA! I am so blessed with such great friends.

~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YUHAN!

I really wanted to ask your eyecandy to take a picture with you, but I couldn't find him. =( Sorry dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment