BANG!
Just when I was complaining about how my life is getting monotonous and boring, I received the biggest shock of my life today.
After doing grocery shopping with Yiting, Annie, Syamil and David at IMM for tomorrow's barbeque, I hopped on a cab to CCAB for hockey training. I dug out the new rubber band I bought from Diva (I will elaborate on this later) and was tying my hair when I suddenly looked up and saw a black car dashing out from the left, approximately about 5.01cm in front of the cab.
Only one thought rang through my head: "That's it. I am going to die."
Then I felt the driver stepping hard on the brakes, and knew that the cab wasn't gonna stop in time. And then BANG! The cars crashed.
Okay, I figured that you already figured that I didn't die.
So I just kinda flew in front with everything else, and my chest and legs crashed into the back of the front seat. Good thing I was tying my hair cos it happened such that my hands were in front of my head, and therefore no head injuries and therefore no death of a 17year old girl.
When the whole impact was over, I finally looked up and saw the grey skies, and realised I was still alive. Haha! But the cab was in a mess; my things flew all over - with my handphone on the floor, my wallet in front, my clothes on the seats, and the driver's box of cotton wool (???) beside me. The cabbie was okay too. He just knocked his head on the wheel, but both cars were rather badly wrecked.
After making sure I was okay, the cabbie pulled up by the roadside and asked me to be his witness! But I was in shock and on the phone with Yiting who was on the cab right behind me. And she was in shock too cause she kinda saw the whole accident. So after picking up my things from all over the cab, I just got out and stood at the roadside for the longest time like some dummy because I was so shocked. I was still rather convinced that I was gonna die. Hahaha.
To all my family and friends out there: I LOVE YOU! Just in case I die of internal injury or another accident or something! Gosh, I never realised how sheltered my life was until right this moment. I will stop complaining that my life is boring, I promise!
And you know what's the weirdest thing? Ashley got into a cab accident just last week too! Gosh, cabs are dangerous.
Think I'm paranoid? Wait till you hear about my mom. When I called her, she was like "You have to get to the hospital for a checkup now! Any chest pains? Bleeding? Headache? Are you sure you are okay? Come home now, okay?" And when I reached home, she rushed out and went like, "OMG ARE YOU OKAY?" After making sure I was in one piece, she thursted the phone to me and told me, "Your grandparents! Tell them you're okay!" Talk about paranoid! Hahhaa. She's so funny sometimes.
Okay, now about my rubberband shopping experience. I walked into Diva while the rest of them waited for me at Mos Burger. And I walked out 20 minutes later, with Yiting and Annie grabbing one of my arms each, 30bucks poorer. Haha! Yiting wanted to punch me. She should have known better than to let me walk into an accessories shop alone.
Well, like Yuhan said "I'm two earings, two necklaces and 3 rubber bands richer now!" Even though I kinda wasted 4bucks on some normal-looking rubber bands for nothing since I didn't go for training in the end, shopping still made rather happy! :D I hope I didn't buy myself a heartbreak.
No comments:
Post a Comment